+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many of u got the GIC?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for september intake, you have enough time with you. I suggest you start the process in a week's time just to be on a safer side. though the dead line will be around july 20th... if you do not take GIC which is recommended as visa chances are bright for spp candidates... then you can opt for bank loan to show CAD10k.

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
sandhuboy said:
in first few Gic's they issue last intake have sign but after that there is no sign on it . So do worry i have same gic like u. And u have to only confirmation doc.
Hy sandhu... Did u sign it bfr submitting it along ..?

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
What I am thinking is take the Bank loan first and then Purchase GIC from it.... Is this approach correct ?

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
hy mayank ...pls make sure tht GIC can be done only frm ur own account .. so ask the bank whr u want to tk loan .. will they transfer the money into ur account? so tht it cn be shown goin frm ur account.. u cn hav money frm anywhr /anyone but account name has to b urs..

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
mayank_6 said:
What I am thinking is take the Bank loan first and then Purchase GIC from it.... Is this approach correct ?
In education loan, 99% of bank's does not transfer money into any1's personal account. Money is transferred to direct institute's account. So either get University accommodation or arrange for living expenses by yourself. GIC is requirement of Embassy not of University.

OR you can get anyother loan like personal/housing etc etc and use that money to transfer for GIC. and other educaion loan for Tution fees purposes.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
I confirmed from the Loan officer and yes, they won't transfer Education loan amount to my own Account...That Sanctioned money will be in my Loan account ( Owned by my name and my father jointly ) .

I will be taking only a single Loan and that would be Education loan only...I am not sure what is the problem here if I purchase GIC from the Loan amount ( present in my Loan Account ). If it creates a problem then I will just show 10k $ from my Loan amount to Visa officers rather than receipt of purchasing GIC as I am not applying under SPP

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
mayank_6 said:
I confirmed from the Loan officer and yes, they won't transfer Education loan amount to my own Account...That Sanctioned money will be in my Loan account ( Owned by my name and my father jointly ) .

I will be taking only a single Loan and that would be Education loan only...I am not sure what is the problem here if I purchase GIC from the Loan amount ( present in my Loan Account ). If it creates a problem then I will just show 10k $ from my Loan amount to Visa officers rather than receipt of purchasing GIC as I am not applying under SPP
As I told you, GIC is requirement of embassy not of University. Bank will not give money to you. Every transaction will be in University's account.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
So u mean to say that I can not utilize Loan amount towards purchasing GIC ???? that is a big shock for me :eek: Now I don't know what to do as I don't have money to buy GIC from anywhere else but my Loan amount.

Bank will issue Loan for both tuition and Living fees but now this hurdle ...

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
y dnt u use the loan for tuition n other expenses and ur own money for GIC?
or simply show the loan for living expenses .. dnt get into GIC then

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@jasmohra

I don't have this much money of 10k $ for living expense and I am relying upon Education loan only

Are you sure I can not purchase GIC from my Loan amount ( which will be jointly owned me and my father ) ????

Being a University Applicant, Will it lessen up my chances for Visa approval if I don't purchase GIC and rather show 10k $ from Loan

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
mayank_6 said:
@ jasmohra

I don't have this much money of 10k $ for living expense and I am relying upon Education loan only

Are you sure I can not purchase GIC from my Loan amount ( which will be jointly owned me and my father ) ????

Being a University Applicant, Will it lessen up my chances for Visa approval if I don't purchase GIC and rather show 10k $ from Loan
since ur loan account is jointly owned by u n ur father .... it cant be .. the SBI people want parent to b a co-borrower i agree ..
but the scotiabank clearly says .. "Do NOT wire transfer funds from any account other than your own bank account in
India (The bank account MUST BE in the name of the student/applicant)".,,,,,or someone else also cant fund it..

now i suggest u follow up with studentgic@scotiabank.com and ask them whethr it can b funded from a loan account jointly owned by u n ur father?? see what they say..

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
"Only funds with a matching sender and beneficiary name will be accepted"

This is written in their site...that means I will be the beneficiary so Sender should be me only i..e My own Account ( and not Joint account of me and my father )

Swati Chauhan

Feb 4, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2013
Hello Everyone

Is it still possible to submit GIC amount for May Intake. ?

Harry22

Mar 17, 2013
Visa Office......
VFS CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2013
IELTS Request
7.0(L-9.0, S-6.5, R-6.5, W5.5)
Passport Req..
01-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
Swati Chauhan said:
Hello Everyone

Is it still possible to submit GIC amount for May Intake. ?
Yes, you can still submit funds for GIC for may intake.