+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long will it take to PR after ITA?

cracked

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
I've heard it takes "about six months". My wife got the ITA on May 4th as lead applicant, we are preparing the papers, and we are wondering what to do about my daughter's school for next term. Is it possible she could start school in Canada in September? Or is this unrealistic?

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No one can tell you for sure. It's all case-specific.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
I've heard it takes "about six months". My wife got the ITA on May 4th as lead applicant, we are preparing the papers, and we are wondering what to do about my daughter's school for next term. Is it possible she could start school in Canada in September? Or is this unrealistic?
Hi,
6 months is the average time for processing around 80% cases that IRCC receives, but it's highly dependant on the stream of applicant, e.g. CEC (fastest), FSW (Medium) or PNP (slowest) as of now. Also it highly depends on individual cases whether or not IRCC wants to know any extra info from the applicant.

The 6 months processing time starts when you submit your full app with all the docs & fees, and receive your AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt).
It has nothing to do with just having an ITA. After ITA, one has 90 days to submit the full application.

Considering your case, it seems you are an FSW Outland applicant. So, in my opinion, at present, you should focus on getting AOR.
Once you get it, you should expect at least 6 months to have final decision on your file and receive visa. Anything less than 6 months will be your bonus.
In my opinion, in September, you should be ready to have your child admitted in your homeland only.

Reactions: cracked

rajivsharma2004

Sep 25, 2018
I have submitted all the documents to CIC and they have received on 28th octoOct 2018 via DHL courier. I haven't received anything till yet.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
It may take more than three months too. The best you can do is to prepare the documents with a supersonic speed and leave the rest on fate. One month here and there should be okay from the school perspective.

Reactions: ali0333

Rudolfd

Mar 6, 2019
Hi
I have heard that the normal time for processing of applications under OINP is 4 - 6 months. I had submitted my application on 29th August' 2018 under Ontario Immigration Nominee program (OINP) after I had received ITA in June 2018. It's been 6 months as of 28th Feb' 19. But till date I have received no update. My medicals are valid till 1 year i.e. August 2019. How long do you think it would take to get the visa?

I am planning for my son's admission for the next academic term in Canada in September' 2019 as well. Can you please guide me in this regard.

Jul 19, 2019
As far as I am aware, the new school session in Canada begins in September itself.