+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long to wait for level 2 decision maker for final decision in St Clair

canopywing

Dec 16, 2013
I got my ATIP and it said "RQ case-preliminary review completed; referred to level 2 decision maker for final decision"

Anyone have an idea how long I still need to wait? My FOSS Clearance, RCMP Clearance status were updated.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Good, it will not take more than 4-8 weeks, did you pass the test ??

my case is almost similar and waiting for interview soon.. as per CIC

ThomasGeorge

Sep 26, 2014
Not sure why Janoo mentions 4-8 weeks, I have this note on my atip file since jan 2015 and no movement till now, basically it means an escalation as the level 1 officer can't decide on the application. I would presume it goes again to the cold storage for a few more months till they are about to exhaust the 36 months.

RQ case-preliminary review completed; referred to level 2 decision maker for final decision.

janoo

May 16, 2014
If processing time is over i.e. 36 months than the officer seem moving..

My case was in similar position upto 36 months, since I have contacted MP, CIC,
Minister my file move from St.Clair to Scarbrough than RCMP clearance done
and now the CIC stating that within 4-6 weeks they will call for interview/test
as I was having pre-test/interview RQ..

If your case reached 36 months and preliminary review completed than final decision
will not take long... May be they give priority to applicant which over 36 months..

ThomasGeorge

Sep 26, 2014
janoo said:
If processing time is over i.e. 36 months than the officer seem moving..

My case was in similar position upto 36 months, since I have contacted MP, CIC,
Minister my file move from St.Clair to Scarbrough than RCMP clearance done
and now the CIC stating that within 4-6 weeks they will call for interview/test
as I was having pre-test/interview RQ..

If your case reached 36 months and preliminary review completed than final decision
will not take long... May be they give priority to applicant which over 36 months..
Does your atip mention this phrase exactly as it is "RQ case-preliminary review completed; referred to level 2 decision maker for final decision." what date was it changed to this status ?
I think we are talking about the file being in St Clair and not at the local office with the status being "RQ case-preliminary review completed; referred to level 2 decision maker for final decision."
Your case is not similar it seems.

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Canopywing and ThomasGeorge...I have the same note in my ATIP since mid February. The interesting part is that under Files, location is specified as "Pilot Decision Ready." I also am not sure what this means or how long it takes, but it perhaps an indication that they are experimenting with some new procedure. I am into my 37th month (timeline is below). Thanks for starting this thread and let us continue comparing notes on it to get a better understanding of this new procedure.

Application: April 2012
Test: February 2013 (RQ was handed in on the test day)
RQ submitted in March 2013
File assigned to officer: January 2015

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
vinaypuri...what does the File's location state?
Canopywing and ThomasGeorge: please share your timelines...thanks

vinaypuri said:
Hi There, my file is with 2nd decision maker since Jan :). No movement.

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,

I got my atip report says " file assigned to officer AN for review/anaylsis. FZ"

This is my story here;

Office is Scarborough center:

Received: May 10, 2012.

Process application: Oct 25, 2012.

Residence questionnaire requested CIT 0171 (09-2012) E version : Nov 30, 2012.

Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013.

1st Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013.

1st Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013.

Text Exam: February 7, 2014 and passed at St Clair office.

2nd Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2014.

2 Mini Residence questionnaire requested CIT 0520 (07-2014) E version : December 17, 2014

File assigned to officer: December 17, 2014

Additional documents sent: March 14, 2015

Additional documents received: March 16, 2015

Oath Ceremony: ??????

ANY COMMENTS......

janoo

May 16, 2014
My first atip report which I have received in March 2015 show that my file assigned
to the officer in November 2014.

In March I have send the case specific query and keep calling cic office and they
inform me that officer review is completed first phase, than submitted to renew my
RCMP clearance as all previous clearance expire due to length of my application.

In May 2015 I was told after 8 weeks that all clearance has completed and file
sent back to Scarborough office for arranging next step that is test/interview
and expect some information from Scarborough office soon... ( Pre-test/interview
RQ ) same response receive from my local MP.

Now at time of interview/test officer will do the second review and decision will be made
as per CIC as I have ask this question specific. Moreover I was told that after interview/test
maximum time will be not more than 8 weeks.

My case is well over 36 months and enter into 41 months..

canopywing

Dec 16, 2013
I also have "Pilot Decision Ready" in my files / location field.

My Timeline
Application: May 2013
Test: December 2013 (RQ was handed in on the test day)
RQ submitted in January 2014
Local Office : Mississauga

ThomasGeorge

Sep 26, 2014
canopywing said:
I also have "Pilot Decision Ready" in my files / location field.
file recd - jan 2013
test date - feb 2014
rq date - on test date
rq file recd - apr 2014
since then file at st clair
file location - pilot decision - ready shelf

janoo

May 16, 2014
I suggest you order atip report this will give you some idea about your file movement
may be the officer assigned and file back to your local office etc.... if you can order
today the report will update provide you the record of date of application so suggest
that you order one now and than after 30 days you will get the report than after 60 days
apply again you will see some progress in your file... this may give them a wake up call.

wish you all the best of luck.

ThomasGeorge

Sep 26, 2014
janoo said:
I suggest you order atip report this will give you some idea about your file movement
may be the officer assigned and file back to your local office etc.... if you can order
today the report will update provide you the record of date of application so suggest
that you order one now and than after 30 days you will get the report than after 60 days
apply again you will see some progress in your file... this may give them a wake up call.

wish you all the best of luck.
All of us are quoting the information from the ATIP report !

Our files are in St Clair with the information, I quote "RQ case-preliminary review completed; referred to level 2 decision maker for final decision."

and in some cases or in all cases maybe the file location mentioned as, I quote "pilot decision - ready shelf"

I suggest lets restrict this thread to these cases for ease in following up.