+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long till you hear from CIC?

MonsterFX

Sep 24, 2008
My husband and I mailed our applications in November...according to my tracking # from the post office, the applications arrived in Mississauga on November 19th.

Now, I understand that doesn't mean they *opened* or have even necessarily begun processing our apps. But with that in mind, should we have received anything of importance from CIC by now?

I'm a little worried because we've received nothing yet, and it would help ease my mind immensly if someone could let me know whether we should have received something by now or if the time varies in terms of when we should get a confirmation that they have begun processing our apps.

Thanks for any help!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MonsterFX said:
My husband and I mailed our applications in November...according to my tracking # from the post office, the applications arrived in Mississauga on November 19th.

Now, I understand that doesn't mean they *opened* or have even necessarily begun processing our apps. But with that in mind, should we have received anything of importance from CIC by now?

I'm a little worried because we've received nothing yet, and it would help ease my mind immensly if someone could let me know whether we should have received something by now or if the time varies in terms of when we should get a confirmation that they have begun processing our apps.

Thanks for any help!
1. You won't receive anything for 35 days, they are processing 21/11/08 so you should receive the approval/refusal letter probably the first week of the new year (holidays and mailing time)
2. Then they will send the approved application to the overseas processing office, depending on the office you may not receive anything other than a Passport request. That is if they don't require an interview or further documents.

PMM

MonsterFX

Sep 24, 2008
Thank you so much for the reply!

What site are you looking at which tells you what applications are being processed...you said the ones received around Nov 21st are just now getting looked at...where can I find and keep track of that myself?

Also, I'm in the States, and my husband is in Canada....so as soon as he receives an approval letter in the beginning of the year (hoping that's the case, of course), then mine will be sent off to Buffalo, correct?

Thanks again!!

MonsterFX

Sep 24, 2008
Opps, sorry I meant to ask as well...

once my application is sent to Buffalo, will my husband who is in Canada, be the only one receiving responses or letters from CPC, or should I expect things as well?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MonsterFX said:
Opps, sorry I meant to ask as well...

once my application is sent to Buffalo, will my husband who is in Canada, be the only one receiving responses or letters from CPC, or should I expect things as well?
1. he will be only one receiving mail from Buffalo.
2. Spousal applications at Buffalo, 3-9 months see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#west

PMM

MonsterFX

Sep 24, 2008
I'm sorry, I meant the website where you mentioned that they are going through Novermber applications as of now?

Thanks so much!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

MonsterFX said:
I'm sorry, I meant the website where you mentioned that they are going through Novermber applications as of now?

Thanks so much!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship

PMM