+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long normally it takes to process a complex profile?

Showmik

Apr 21, 2021
Windsor, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-07-2021
It's been 62 days (and in total 92 days of receiving AOR) after the last update, medical & bio-metrics passed. I have seen people getting COPRs on AORs received after me. I understand everyone's case (and their wait times) is unique and I am fully aware, my complex case demands more processing/background check time as I am from Bangladesh but lived in the Philippines for 4.5 years, for university. I submitted all the documents (including medical, RCMP upfront) in hope to lessen the processing time. The below mentioned update have been there almost a 20 days to a month now. I was wondering:
1. is the below mentioned update a good sign? (no one can predict with certainty but in general)
2. did any applicant (maybe with a complex case similar to mine) have to wait for 5 or 6 months on CEC (inland) stream?
3. Any chance of getting rejected after waiting that long? (or, just wondering, if they have to reject for any reason they normally do it early in the processing time!)

I have so many plans on hold on this decision, have to urgently go home (mother's health) and to move to a different job. Planning to buy the plane ticket on January (by then it will be 5 months of receiving AOR), would it be advisable not to?

My details are:
CRS score: 479
Canadian Experience: 1 year 1 month.
ITA: 9 July (CEC, Inland)
AOR: 19 July
Medical Passed: 18 August
Bio-metrics Update: 19 August (didn't have to take one, as my previous one is valid for 10 years)
Current Status:
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: August 18, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited: