+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long it takes to get BOWP for CEC inland

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
I got ITA (CEC inland) and will submit e-APR in few days. then right after I will apply for BOWP online.

My current PGWP is expiring in 1 and a half month.

Am I likely to get BOWP before expiry of my current work permit~

slw

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-17
AOR Received.
30-01-17
Med's Done....
27-02-17
Passport Req..
18-04-17
LANDED..........
28-04-17
It is currently taking 36-40 days after you submit your BOWP application.
It might take longer depending how far in the process they are with your R10 check. If this process hasn't been completed they will put you in hold.

However even if your work permit expires, as long as you have an active BOWP application in progress you are under implied status. This means you are under the same conditions of your current work permit and can continue working.

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
@slw
Thank you v much.

I am currently working. The HR of my employer is concerned about my work permit extension. They also seems not much aware about the implied status.

Do you know any CIC link, on which they say that as long as I have an active BOWP application in progress, I am under implied status. This means I am under the same conditions of my current work permit and can continue working.

I want to show this to my employer.

ggatsby

Dec 14, 2016
I am in a similar situation where my PGWP is expiring in 1.5 months. The HR at my employer typically would only look at an active SIN - which expires along with the PGWP.

Does anyone have experience of renewing their SIN using an active BOWP application? In that case, how long do they make the SIN valid for?

Thanks in advance for your help.

eeprofilehelp

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Category........
CEC
ggatsby said:
I am in a similar situation where my PGWP is expiring in 1.5 months. The HR at my employer typically would only look at an active SIN - which expires along with the PGWP.

Does anyone have experience of renewing their SIN using an active BOWP application? In that case, how long do they make the SIN valid for?

Thanks in advance for your help.
You cannot renew your SIN card unless and until the decision is made and you are issued a extended work permit but you can show your HR the following link which states that employee can continue to work until the decision is made by law ...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

ggatsby

Dec 14, 2016
eeprofilehelp said:
You cannot renew your SIN card unless and until the decision is made and you are issued a extended work permit but you can show your HR the following link which states that employee can continue to work until the decision is made by law ...
Thanks @eeprofilehelp for your help. Based on what I've read in other threads and this link, I'll wait to apply for extension close to the expiration of my PGWP.

Much appreciated.

slw

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-17
AOR Received.
30-01-17
Med's Done....
27-02-17
Passport Req..
18-04-17
LANDED..........
28-04-17
I totally understand. I found that many employers do not have much experience dealing with these issues which is why they get nervous. I had to do the same, send them the CIC link and explain how it works.
But basically once your SIN expires it also undergoes implied status until you hear from a decision regarding your BOWP. I had a conversation with a services canada agent on the phone and I was reassured that it was fine.
So yes you can continue working, just do not leave the country (cause you might not be able to come back/work).