+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long it takes from test to results / oath

happyeastwest

Feb 1, 2012
Hello,

First of all sorry if I repeated this question. We are waiting like others for the Dec test results - appeared in 1st week.

Here is my problem, my wife is going crazy and wants to know if she passed or not, as it has been over 8 weeks for the results. We are from Leamington, ON.

Is there a way to find whether person passed test or not? We are ok if we have to wait for the oath, but anxiety of test results is killing her.

if someone fails, do they ask to retake test or appear before judge?

Regards,

James

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can go to your local office and ask if they can tell you if she passed but I don't know if they can. When I took the test, I was told that the time between test and oath is usually 2-4 months. I was never notified if I passed or not. I just go the notice to appear for oath.

If somebody fails the test, they will be scheduled for an interview with a judge.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can call CIC office and check with them, they will be able to tell.
If someone fails the test they have to appear in front of the citizenship
judge.

happyeastwest

Feb 1, 2012
Thanks Leon and Mary

I am going through various postings - i see a major difference, some are getting letter within 2 to 4 weeks, some are waiting for months, some are getting RQs.

Somewhere i read that once file transferred to local office, everything is coordinated by local office.

Should i call CIC main call center or local office?

They do not display local office number on their website, just address.

Any help is appreciated.

All the best to all who are waiting!

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can go to local office, one of my friend was able to
verify that he cleared the test and received the oath notice
in 3 months. Each case differs.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
One of my employees applied for his citizenship in February 2011, he took his test November 17th 2011. His oath was taken January 12th? 2012.

Less than 2 months from test to oath and just under one year in all. This is in Vancouver, by the way. Not sure if Vancouver is faster than other areas but even I was surprised how quickly the turn around was.

I apply for my citizenship in May this year, hoping that my time line is as fast as his.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
I wonder if how fast or slow processing is may also be a factor of nationality of person applying and whether many other security checks etc are involved - which are behind the scenes that they dont tell us about.

And of course, also which office location - like St Clair, or Halifax or Vancouver ? Plus how well prepared and comprehensive the citizenship application was in terms of having all explanatory information etc to make it easier for any already overloaded officer reviewing it to go through it more easily ???

Hmmmm... ::) ::).....OR....MAY BE IT DOESNT MATTER AT ALL or does matter to some extent ? any comments from experts / people ?

Sep 21, 2009
I wrote test in may-2010 at st clair,toronto ans still did not get result.and calling cic does not answer clearly.
i moved to Alberta after my test.how do i know what is happening with my citizenship .and where i can contact to in edmonton.?
if I have to appear for interview then why I did not receive any letter so far?

appreciate any help.