+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long it take to recieve an acknowledgment letter under CEC?

jason111

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2012
First, you can check if CIC encashed the money order. By doing that, at least it gives you a clue that they open the envelope and going to check your file soon.

Second, use the Client I.D.on your work permit up right corner, you should see a number like 0000-0000, you can track your process on CIC online application status right away with some other info such as BOD, name and nationality, you will see the change as soon as they update it.

paulharry

Sep 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i dont know why they dont update the status i never seen any kind of update in my file.

jason111

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2012
It takes at least three months to get AOR lately, just be patient, it will come. I am also waiting for mine.

paulharry

Sep 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
btfriendly said:
Thank you paulharry!

do you know if there is a way I can find out the states of his file?
u need file number or client id for checking the status.

btfriendly

Sep 22, 2011
Thank you everyone for your reply!

I just checked his file states on CIC with his client ID number. This was the message!

Permanent Residence
We received your null on June 21, 2011.

We started processing your application on September 19, 2011.

Now What? Those that mean we will be receiving his AOR letter soon? What should I be expecting next? Any information would be appreciated! Thank you!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
btfriendly said:
We started processing your application on September 19, 2011.

Now What? Those that mean we will be receiving his AOR letter soon? What should I be expecting next? Any information would be appreciated! Thank you!
Yes, you should receive a letter or email, probably this week. Make sure to check your spam filters...

btfriendly

Sep 22, 2011
Thank you everyone!

I have a big issue right now, I need some advise.

My boyfriend's lawyer messed up; my boyfriend applied here in Ontario Canadad, so his file was sent to bufflo. he didn't have any legal states here, so he went back to China to wait until he get his PR. Before he left he asked his lawyer; if he go back home to China would it affect his application. They told him no.

Now he went home already, we just got his medical form. His lawyer is saying that either he come back to do his medical exam or they would have to transfer his whole file to China, which might delay a few months or a year.

Does anyone know if my boyfriend can get a vistor visa based on the AOR letter and the medical form; saying that he need to come back to Canada to do his medical exam? Or would it be ok to do his medical examination in China without transfering his whole file to China? Any information would be appreciated! Looking forward to your reply!

Thank you!

jason111

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2012
btfriendly said:
Thank you everyone!

I have a big issue right now, I need some advise.

My boyfriend's lawyer messed up; my boyfriend applied here in Ontario Canadad, so his file was sent to bufflo. he didn't have any legal states here, so he went back to China to wait until he get his PR. Before he left he asked his lawyer; if he go back home to China would it affect his application. They told him no.

Now he went home already, we just got his medical form. His lawyer is saying that either he come back to do his medical exam or they would have to transfer his whole file to China, which might delay a few months or a year.

Does anyone know if my boyfriend can get a vistor visa based on the AOR letter and the medical form; saying that he need to come back to Canada to do his medical exam? Or would it be ok to do his medical examination in China without transfering his whole file to China? Any information would be appreciated! Looking forward to your reply!

Thank you!
I am also newbie on this forum. But I saw somebody did their Medical at their own countries, then doctor will transfer the result to Ottawa. I am not quite sure how does that work but I know you might have such an option.

Regarding Visitor Visa, I guess it will be a lot easier if you have family ties with the person who wants to visit. I amn't sure BF will work in this case. You can give it a shot anyway. It takes approximately couple weeks to receive Visitor Visa lately.

D

Daniel_Daniel

I think you can do the medicals in your home country and the DMP can fwd the docs to Ottawa.

btfriendly

Sep 22, 2011
Daniel_Daniel said:
I think you can do the medicals in your home country and the DMP can fwd the docs to Ottawa.
Thank you Daniel! If he does his medicals in his home country, his file won't be transfered from Ottawa to China?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If he had applied under the Federal Skilled Workers" class, it is possible that they would transfer the file to China, but not for CEC. All CEC applications are processed in Buffalo (or sent by Buffalo to one of the other consulates in the USA).

He can do the medical anywhere in the world, it does not affect the location of his file; all medical results are forwarded to Ottawa, but the file remains with the Visa Office that requested the medical.

The only reason for which he would need to travel to the USA is if he is one of the few selected for an interview. If that happened, he could request that the interview be conducted in China, but there is no guarantee that CIC would agree.

Here's the list of DMPs in China.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1992&CountryName=China,%20People%27s%20Republic%20of

If that link doesn't work, go here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

btfriendly

Sep 22, 2011
jes_ON said:
If he had applied under the Federal Skilled Workers" class, it is possible that they would transfer the file to China, but not for CEC. All CEC applications are processed in Buffalo (or sent by Buffalo to one of the other consulates in the USA).

He can do the medical anywhere in the world, it does not affect the location of his file; all medical results are forwarded to Ottawa, but the file remains with the Visa Office that requested the medical.

The only reason for which he would need to travel to the USA is if he is one of the few selected for an interview. If that happened, he could request that the interview be conducted in China, but there is no guarantee that CIC would agree.

Here's the list of DMPs in China.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1992&CountryName=China,%20People%27s%20Republic%20of

If that link doesn't work, go here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx
Thank you jes_ON! I do believe he applied under Canadian Experience Class; then it's good news! Do you know if he can get a visitor visa to Canada based on the AOR letter and the medical forms? Would it work that way?