+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long for LPP to turn green

Mistymac

Dec 2, 2022
I'm sure its been asked before so apologies for any duplicate threads, but does anyone know the approximate average for LLP to turn green? Does anyone know what typically holds this part up?

(i'm a June 2022 applicant (processed in Sydney office but live in BC). Test taken March 13th marked as complete March 23rd- crickets since).

Reactions: ppcg2510

vancity_gt

Jun 6, 2023
I had my test in Jan and no update since. Recently asked my MP so let's see if they decide to ask anything.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I waited for 15 months after taking the test, ended up filing mandamus. After that Language and Presence were updated, Prohibitions are still in progress in tracker (sometimes it shows as in progress even though it is not started). That was about 3 weeks ago.

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
Usually it takes 16 - 30 months to complete LPP after the test. In some cases it might take a couple weeks. Those are the lucky ones
16-30 months or weeks ? Processing time of ircc is said to be 19 months total.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
On a more serious note, it is hard to tell, there is really no reliable data.
We have tracking spreadsheets that are crowdsourced by participants of this forum, but that is not official, and it is not clear how well the owners are keeping up with updating them. I tried requesting processing time data from IRCC stats department, but they haven't gotten back to me in over a month.
I am not sure if I will try to follow up shortly, or wait until after I get the oath and receive the citizenship certificate.

It appears that the general situation is that IRCC tries to process as many applications as it can in 12 months, and the ones that miss the mark are left to collect dust somewhere for a few months or years. Several months ago they reported that they process 80% within 12 months. The other 20% are out of luck, and I am not sure what is the order they are processed in. I think there was a lot of activity in December 2021 chats lately, but there are quite a few people from 2020 who are still waiting for LPP. So, maybe they process them last in first out, maybe there is just no order.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I'm sure its been asked before so apologies for any duplicate threads, but does anyone know the approximate average for LLP to turn green? Does anyone know what typically holds this part up?

(i'm a June 2022 applicant (processed in Sydney office but live in BC). Test taken March 13th marked as complete March 23rd- crickets since).
They have posted on their site that it’s 4-6 months from test to oath. At the same time, processing can take 18+ months. It’s a waiting game.

Mistymac

Dec 2, 2022
On a more serious note, it is hard to tell, there is really no reliable data.
We have tracking spreadsheets that are crowdsourced by participants of this forum, but that is not official, and it is not clear how well the owners are keeping up with updating them. I tried requesting processing time data from IRCC stats department, but they haven't gotten back to me in over a month.
I am not sure if I will try to follow up shortly, or wait until after I get the oath and receive the citizenship certificate.

It appears that the general situation is that IRCC tries to process as many applications as it can in 12 months, and the ones that miss the mark are left to collect dust somewhere for a few months or years. Several months ago they reported that they process 80% within 12 months. The other 20% are out of luck, and I am not sure what is the order they are processed in. I think there was a lot of activity in December 2021 chats lately, but there are quite a few people from 2020 who are still waiting for LPP. So, maybe they process them last in first out, maybe there is just no order.

Kinda seems to me that once it goes beyond 12 months the file gets shoved aside as new applications come in. It would be nice to know exactly whats causes the delays especially when told everything looks good just wait.

I cannot believe people are applying im 2023 and getting their citizenship before people who applied in 2020 and 2021. I think its cheeky the 2022 group are still waiting but im still within their 19 month processing time so trying to be patient (and failing at that).

Reactions: ppcg2510