+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to sponsor second wife incase of divorce

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Whatever status they currently have they will continue to have but they are married. After 5 years they can start the spousal sponsorship.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Does the person get permanent resident with whom the applicant marries
If the applicant from the first relationship is a Permanent Resident, then they can eventually sponsor their new partner. They will have to wait until five years after they became a PR to do that.

Deepsidhu65

Oct 5, 2017
And if the applicant marries a person who is having a work permit in Canada then also that person will not get the PR

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
And if the applicant marries a person who is having a work permit in Canada then also that person will not get the PR
If they qualify on their own they can apply for PR. Otherwise they will have to wait until the 5 years are up and start spousal sponsorship that will result in the person getting PR.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Is there any solution for this 5year ban or something
Nobody who was sponsored by a spouse can sponsor their new spouse until five years have passed. If their new spouse wants to be sponsored earlier, they will need to immigrate through an economic stream (eg, skilled worker, provincial nomination).

Anne_090287

Dec 30, 2018
Hi Good Day!
I would like to ask something about family sponsorship.i had done all my application and medical since 2015 then my husband cancel my application.then again 2018 we got married and he apply again my permanent resident.its is allowed to sponsor again the family even he cancel previously??

Anne_090287

Dec 30, 2018
Hi Good Day!
I would like to ask something about family sponsorship.i had done all my application and medical since 2015 then my husband cancel my application.then again 2018 we got married and he apply again my permanent resident.its is allowed to sponsor again the family even he cancel previously??
I hope you reply in my questiom

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes he will be able to as long as he didn't sponsor anyone else when you were divorced it will be fine

Hi Good Day!

madhroy

Aug 29, 2018
Hi All,

I am in a somewhat similar situation. My husband & I landed in Canada in November 2017 and filed a divorce in January 2019. We both been married in India since 2016. I was the primary applicant and it was not sponsored PR. My questions are:

1. Do I also have to wait to for 3 yrs after divorce in Canada for sponsoring the second spouse?
2. We both had qualified through Express Entry with me as a Primary Applicant. Does it still consider as "Sponsorship"?

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
If you received PR status through EE, it was not a sponsorship situation. One of you was the main applicant, the other was the dependent. Sponsorship rules do not apply to your situation.