+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get PR card for express entry?

patreya

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi all,

I got an ITA yesterday with 486 points. I have a personal situation, that I cannot leave here permanently for next 1 year.

Is the process of getting PR card same for express entry? Do you know in how many days we get PR card once we are in Canada? I saw a processing time for 28 days for new application, but not sure if Express Entry will also fall in the same category.

If my visa/PR gets approved, I am planning to go to Canada for about 6 weeks, return back home, and then again go after about an year. Have anyone done similar thing in the past?

Thank you for your advise.

Prakash

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
patreya said:
Hi all,

I got an ITA yesterday with 486 points. I have a personal situation, that I cannot leave here permanently for next 1 year.

Is the process of getting PR card same for express entry? Do you know in how many days we get PR card once we are in Canada? I saw a processing time for 28 days for new application, but not sure if Express Entry will also fall in the same category.

If my visa/PR gets approved, I am planning to go to Canada for about 6 weeks, return back home, and then again go after about an year. Have anyone done similar thing in the past?

Thank you for your advise.

Prakash
First thing first. If you are frequently leaving Canada you have to inform CIC of that. I was told that staying out of Canada after submitting application is not favorable. If you have a job in Canada how do you justify moving out of Canada frequently. If for the next one year you are mostly not in Canada what happens to your Canadian work experience. All these need to be thought of before you actually get approved for PR. I would say that you plan for going out of Canada only after you received PR.

patreya

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
I am now not currently in Canada. Yes I plan to go to Canada whenever the Express Entry application (FSW) now is accepted and I get a visa.

I am guessing that I will get PR card in about a month's time. I would not want to leave while the application is being processed, as then I would have to apply for another visa when I return back.

I am not applying for any jobs now in Canada. I will then go back in a years's time and apply for a job and stay longer. Lets see how this works out though.

deepangupta

Mar 28, 2015
Hi Patreya,

I also received the ITA today with a score of 458. I doubt the processing time of 28 days, seems too short. Where did you see it?
You should apply in the next 60 days, I believe you will get the PR approximately in 3-4 months. You will be given a time frame of approximately 8-12 months to move to Canada. Given all this, you should comfortably be able to stay in your home country for next one year.

Get in touch with me at deepangupta@gmail.com, I am in New Delhi India. Let research and work together on our applications and save time.

Thanks,

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
patreya said:
I am now not currently in Canada. Yes I plan to go to Canada whenever the Express Entry application (FSW) now is accepted and I get a visa.

I am guessing that I will get PR card in about a month's time. I would not want to leave while the application is being processed, as then I would have to apply for another visa when I return back.

I am not applying for any jobs now in Canada. I will then go back in a years's time and apply for a job and stay longer. Lets see how this works out though.
You don't get PR card straight away. They give you a 1 year visa during which you have to visit Canada once. After landing, you'll get PR card in a month. You can live outside Canada for almost 3 years after you get PR card!

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you have 60 days from the date of receiving an ITA to submit all your documents. from the date you submit your documents they say the processing will be done in 6 months. then when you receive your landing papers you have a certain amount of time to land and activate your PR.
Chill for a while.