+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take for the Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) process?

DotBlot

Jun 11, 2008
Hello,
I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and I am sponsoring my husband who is resident in Dubai, UAE as a Quebec Provincial Nominee.

My timeframe to date is as follows:

We received your application to sponsor XXX on May 6, 2008. (eCAS)

We started processing your application on June 4, 2008.(eCAS)

We sent you a letter on June 4, 2008 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.(eCAS)

We forwarded your application to the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) on June 4, 2008.(eCAS)
An additional copy of the Application to Sponsor and the Application for Permanent Residence are being forwarded to the Visa Office in ABU DHABI.

Approval letter received on June 9, 2008.

I was wondering if anyone has an idea of how long it takes MICC to send the initial forms and then process the completed forms and application for the Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ)?

Thanks for your time!

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
We've just been through this - sponsorship approval letter received 7 March saying the application had been sent to MICC.

It took around 2.5 weeks to get the initial forms, then about 2 weeks for them to take the payment and usually you get the CSQ in the following 2 weeks - ours took a little longer because we missed a signature so do be careful!

Hope that helps.

DotBlot

Jun 11, 2008
Re: How long does it take for the Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) proces

Thank you for your reply GDaymate!

I have one further question for now :)

The letter from CIC-M mentioned that it had transferred the file to Abu Dhabi where my husband is resident. (I am now waiting for Quebec to send me the forms to apply for a CSQ.)

The CHC-Abu Dhabi mentions on its website: "Our standard processing time is 6 months from the time we receive your application from Canada. We do not respond to general enquiries within this standard time period."

I was wondering if CHC-Abu Dhabi starts their process immediately after receiving the file from CIC-M after approval as sponsor by the Federal Govt

OR

If it only starts processing once the CSQ goes through from Quebec.

The website is vague on the matter, we just wanted to know if we should add on another 1-2 months to the timeline while I wait for the CSQ to go through??

Thanks!!

Taffy

Sep 24, 2007
Hi Dotblot

We went through the same process it takes about 40 days in Quebec, they will automatically forward your CSQ to the emabssy dealing with your husband and send a copy to you for your record DONT LOSE IT. Once the Embassy receive the CSQ confirmation from Quebec then they will start to process the application and not before. Its a long wait but just hang in there. Well this is what happened to me I wish I applied for the CSQ first am I sure it would of been a lot quicker.

keikha

Feb 21, 2011
Hi all,

I applied for Quebec Skilled worker from Switzerland in Dec. 18th, 2010, and I guess it's going to be processed in Paris.

Still I haven't any response or email of them. Does anyone have any idea how long it's going to take for getting the file number and then for CSQ ?

Thanks in advance.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Try the Skilled Worker forum, here are only Family Class members.

Shannone

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Mauritius
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
October 2010
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
No interview
Hello everyone,

This is my first post in this forum.i really appreciated how you all discuss about your application and decision to immigrate to Canada.

I applied to CSQ in July 2009 and i finally got my CSQ in April 2010 as in between there were some documents missing.So had to wait a bit.

Let me summarize it:
- July 2009 : applied for CSQ
- April 2010 i got my CSQ
- June 2010 i applied for PRV in Nairobi
- October 2010 i got my medical
- October 2010 ive added my spouse to BIQ as i got married
- December 2010 ive added my spouse to CHC
- March 2011 i was asked to return the "titulaire" they sent to me went i got my CSQ.

We are 26 April 2011 today and i am still waiting for the CSQ of my husband and I.

I would like to know if this is the normal procedure as it is taking lots of time as my medical will expire in November 2011.

Anyone can share their experience to suggest why it is taking so much of time>

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Rgds

Shannone