+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CIC to request Medical exam after ITA?

Dynonobel

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Nanaimo, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Topic ^

My wife received ITA on May 22nd and we are nearly finished gathering the required documents. The final piece will be the Medical exam. We have an appointment booked for next week as we called the clinic immediately after receiving the ITA. The clinic asked if we have received the Medical Report form (IMM 1017E) from CIC and that we should bring it with us.

We haven't received any instructions or Report Form from CIC yet. How long after receiving ITA does the request to get a Medical usually happen, and how does it come (regular mail, as an email or message in your MyCIC account)? Any experience with this would be greatly appreciated. We are in a hurry to get the application submitted before her Work Permit expires.

tomsniper

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
Under EE is One of the documents you have to upload before be available to pay for the application.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dynonobel said:
Topic ^

My wife received ITA on May 22nd and we are nearly finished gathering the required documents. The final piece will be the Medical exam. We have an appointment booked for next week as we called the clinic immediately after receiving the ITA. The clinic asked if we have received the Medical Report form (IMM 1017E) from CIC and that we should bring it with us.

We haven't received any instructions or Report Form from CIC yet. How long after receiving ITA does the request to get a Medical usually happen, and how does it come (regular mail, as an email or message in your MyCIC account)? Any experience with this would be greatly appreciated. We are in a hurry to get the application submitted before her Work Permit expires.
CIC won't send it to you. I believe you can download it from their website, but in our case the doctor doing the exam had e-medical, which moves faster than the old-fashioned way your doctor is doing it, and the doctor provided the form and gave us a form to upload with our PR application. Later, the doctor sent the results to CIC and they were matched to us through the numbers on our form.

Look for the form online. But your doctor is doing things the old way and that may not be as fast for you.

Can your wife get a bridging open work permit?

susmithaburra1989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
2173/ 2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2015
Doc's Request.
ITA 27-March-2015
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
IELTS Request
N/A Ielts exam taken on March 2014
File Transfer...
Additional docs request 19-May-2015 (scheduleA)
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
19 January 2016
you can print and fill the form and take it to the clinic together with ur ITA check list printed... and the ITA invitation letter PDF u get inthe messages...
and inform the clinic that you are here to do UPFRONT MEDICAL for canada they will do it and give u a e-medical form which u have to upload in the ITA checklist documents

Dynonobel said:
Topic ^

Dynonobel

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Nanaimo, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
CIC won't send it to you. I believe you can download it from their website, but in our case the doctor doing the exam had e-medical, which moves faster than the old-fashioned way your doctor is doing it, and the doctor provided the form and gave us a form to upload with our PR application. Later, the doctor sent the results to CIC and they were matched to us through the numbers on our form.

Look for the form online. But your doctor is doing things the old way and that may not be as fast for you.

Can your wife get a bridging open work permit?
Ok. Actually the Dr. is using the e-medical system but the receptionist still asked us to bring that form. I was reading posts in this thread of people having the same questions as me and nobody seems to post a solution http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-for-ee-t268315.0.html

My Wife SHOULD be elligible for a BOWP, but her Current LMO supported Work Permit will expire on June 24th, and from what I understand she cannot apply for the BOWP until receiving an AOR. I haven't been able to get a solid answer as to how long it takes to receive an AOR after submitting the PR Application so we are trying to hurry. If we submit the application on the same day she does the medical exam that leaves less than 3 weeks to receive the AOR and submit the BOWP application. At least, to my current understanding.

susmithaburra1989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
2173/ 2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2015
Doc's Request.
ITA 27-March-2015
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
IELTS Request
N/A Ielts exam taken on March 2014
File Transfer...
Additional docs request 19-May-2015 (scheduleA)
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
19 January 2016
@Dynonobel here is a copy of the form
https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fillanypdf.com%2FDownload%2FShared%2Fac9130a9-9a15-444e-9e80-67f7a9e1aedd%2F2.pdf&ei=TJRmVYjhBdD68QXR-YKYAg&usg=AFQjCNGQAeHKjCk5w_Y9_N_-VI7dHjdXhQ&sig2=sABNx1aAD_S_FVyrRmD86w&bvm=bv.93990622,d.dGc

just erase those details n fill urs

Dynonobel said:
Ok. Actually the Dr. is using the e-medical system but the receptionist still asked us to bring that form. I was reading posts in this thread of people having the same questions as me and nobody seems to post a solution http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-for-ee-t268315.0.html

My Wife SHOULD be elligible for a BOWP, but her Current LMO supported Work Permit will expire on June 24th, and from what I understand she cannot apply for the BOWP until receiving an AOR. I haven't been able to get a solid answer as to how long it takes to receive an AOR after submitting the PR Application so we are trying to hurry. If we submit the application on the same day she does the medical exam that leaves less than 3 weeks to receive the AOR and submit the BOWP application. At least, to my current understanding.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dynonobel said:

Although there seem to be new and confusing rules about the AOR, people on this board who have been approved for a BOWP have used the AOR that comes within 24 hours (often within minutes) of submitting your PR application.

So download the medical form people have been telling you about, and after your medical you will receive a form to upload with your application. Then, if you have all your other documents, send in your application and the AOR will arrive shortly. Just DON'T, in your haste, leave anything out, as some people have been rejected for having an incomplete application instead of being asked to supply the missing documents.

Dynonobel

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Nanaimo, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
Although there seem to be new and confusing rules about the AOR, people on this board who have been approved for a BOWP have used the AOR that comes within 24 hours (often within minutes) of submitting your PR application.

So download the medical form people have been telling you about, and after your medical you will receive a form to upload with your application. Then, if you have all your other documents, send in your application and the AOR will arrive shortly. Just DON'T, in your haste, leave anything out, as some people have been rejected for having an incomplete application instead of being asked to supply the missing documents.
OK. We're being extremely diligent and although we're trying to have everything in order before the medical exam I hear you very clear about not rushing it. Duly noted.

I'm not feeling extremely confident about the BOWP though. I know that many have been applying with the automated AOR and yes even some have been approved based on that AOR (and some denied). Reading the new rules posted by CIC pertaining to this and hearing from members here that have gotten it and members that have been denied, it seems like a coin toss. Difficult to swallow that our future rests on a coin toss.

Maybe you can help me understand Implied status, or point me in the right direction to learn about it. Am I correct in understanding that once an application is filed (BOWP in this case), my wife can continue working until she recieves a decision on her application? Without penalty to her or her Employer? And what happens if the BOWP is eventually denied and she had been working that entire time?

Or have I got the whole thing wrong?