+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Long does an application from London Take to Process?

shazia001

Dec 6, 2007
My husband just put the application for me and my son to go to canada from london. I looked on the website and it ays between 3- 8 months. Why is there such a big differnce. What type of application will get completed quicker. I'm a bit worried as i want my son to start school and your'e meant to apply before march, so he needs to be there by then!!! Is it better to apply inside canada. Should we just move there? Would he be able to go to school? How would I go about getting a job? When we first got married my husban moved from US to UK. It took only 4 weeks to process his permanent residency. Why do things take so long?

T

TaaDow

Things take as long as they do because there are a lot of things for us officers to look into.

First we investigate the sponsor. We confirm their income, we check for a history of welfare, we confirm repayment of any outstanding immigration loans, we confirm all paperwork is accurate and complete, we make a recommendation to the overseas visa office.

Then the visa office has to do many of the same things and more to investigate the Principal Applicant and any dependents.

All of these things take time. Add to this the HUGE line of people applying and you've got a serious wait time. Currently when we receive an application for Spouses, children etc... we don't even look at them for approximately 30 days. In the case of parents and grandparents we don't even look at the kits for approx. 2 years. These delays are entirely due to the quantity of applications we receive on a daily basis.

Be thankful you're not coming in from India or China as the wait times in those countries can be significantly longer due to the backlog at the overseas offices.

Want to improve your times... make sure all the paperwork is complete and accurate and submit everything that has been requested. You'd be amazed at the number of incomplete applications we receive and these slow everyone down.

shazia001

Dec 6, 2007
Thanks for your reply

I can appreciate it takes time, but it is still frustrating. If I quit my job here and travel between canada and the uk i could see my husband, but I'm just worried about ending up waiting for 9 months before I can get a job. My employer has allowed me a months leave next year to visit, but as a visitor i guess my son doesn't get access to school and I can't work!!

It is longer for othe countries, but other countries like the uk seem to be able to do it quicker so they must have a slicker system in place!!

Feb 13, 2007
Hi,

Just going through this process myself in terms of sponsoring my husband who happens to be a UK citizen. IT took roughly 6 month to where I am now, which is the bit where they ask for your passport and assign you the landing date.

I applied for my husband while I was in the UK as we were both living and working in the UK. I know it's a long time compared to when you went over to England (only 4 weeks... I remember it well when I moved to England..)

Yes.. they want to make sure that everything is in order before you come to Canada.

Why not use the 6 months wisely.

Your husband need to wrap up job, sale of potential home, banking.. getting an international driver license etc etc etc...
School well... when you get here is when you get here... It can't be hurried and kids pick things up easy...

So make life easier for yourself and your hubby and accept the timeframe and do other things to get ready for the big move to Canada.
Quotes for house move, get rid of stuff so that you don't have a huge consignment coming to canada... cause that costs loads of money..