+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long did it take you to extend your study permit?

owen123

Jun 2, 2023
I have applied since March 6, and the application status bar still shows “We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.”

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I have applied since March 6, and the application status bar still shows “We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.”
2 months but everybody's situation is different. The published times are averages. YMMV

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately can take up to around 6 months for many people. If you live near a land border you could flagpole to get the extension. Please verify with the border that they are accepting flapoling and whether they limit when you can flagpole and how many can apply every day.

Reactions: Boltj194

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately can take up to around 6 months for many people. If you live near a land border you could flagpole to get the extension. Please verify with the border that they are accepting flapoling and whether they limit when you can flagpole and how many can apply every day.
If you only deferred an exam you wouldn’t be registered for the semester you’d just be taking an exam. There shouldn’t haven’t needed to attend all the lectures again and complete all the tests and assignments

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
In the future we will need another extension after passport has been renewed. Unless you have a time constraint by doing it on-line is there any advantage to flagpole, I imagine you would be there for a while, while they process the paperwork or is it a quick and straight forward process?

Boltj194

Star Member
May 24, 2022
which border we can get study permit extendion ?