+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How is the 12-months work experience is counted for CEC?

kaixinrongzi

Apr 4, 2018
Dear everyone, I have a question about the requirement of 12-months of working experience in Canada for CEC immigration program. I do appreciate it if you can help me with this question which has been confusing me lately!

I have a full-time work with average 37.5 working hours per week now and my work permit will expire on Saturday of the 52th week since my first work day. So will I have worked in Canada for 12 months on Friday of the 52th week or not as of my work permit expiration date? If yes, am I eligible to apply for PR under CEC program on Friday of the 52th week since my first work day in Canada? Thank you!!!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Your post is slightly confusing are you saying you have worked full time for 1560 hours minimum and for 365 days/ 12 months ?

kaixinrongzi

Apr 4, 2018
Your post is slightly confusing are you saying you have worked full time for 1560 hours minimum and for 365 days/ 12 months ?
Thank you for the help! More specifically, I will have worked for 363 days (calendar days) for my company in Canada since my first work day and my work permit expires on the 364th day. However, the 364th and 365th day are Saturday and Sunday, respectively, and I was not able to work on these days even if my work permit was still valid that time. So my question is can I apply for my PR under the CEC program on the 364th day (Saturday) when my work permit expires or no because I have to wait until the 365th day since my first work day according to the regulation? Thank you!!!

kaixinrongzi

Apr 4, 2018
For example, I started working on Jan 22th which is Monday and my work permit expires on Jan 19th next year which is Saturday. Am I eligible to apply for PR under the CEC program on Jan 19 next year considering the full-year working experience issue? Many thanks!