+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how early can i enter canada if i got visa for september 2014 ?

Muhammad Adnan Altaf

Oct 30, 2013
how early can I enter in Canada? as I have got my visa and my classes gonna be start in September ! Actually I want to go as early as possible. will it be right to get admission in some ESL program starting in April or May ? to just give them justification of my early arrival ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I wouldn't go any earlier than August. If you go earlier, immigration officers may believe you are coming early to work illegally and refuse you entry (and tell you to come back later). This happened a year or two ago to one member here.

Muhammad Adnan Altaf

Oct 30, 2013
what if I justify it by getting admission in some ESL program and showing them that I want to improve my language skill just before going to college?

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why? You won't be able to work before you start school. ESL classes are not valid for work.

Muhammad Adnan Altaf

Oct 30, 2013
actually I want to go there as early as possible bcuz my finacee lives in Canada and I have to get married there so its batter if I go early there and registered my marriage there !

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
itstime said:
Why? You won't be able to work before you start school. ESL classes are not valid for work.
He just needs to enter Canada!
ESL is a valid reason to enter 2-3months before the start of your actual program but for this you need to have acceptance from authorize ESL institute because immigration officer will ask for it.

SyedZaidi1

Star Member
Feb 14, 2014
usman_14pk said:
He just needs to enter Canada!
ESL is a valid reason to enter 2-3months before the start of your actual program but for this you need to have acceptance from authorize ESL institute because immigration officer will ask for it.

Usman, Bro my mom and brother are currently in Canada. So if I get my visa 70 day before my classes can I fly 2 or 1.5 month before my classes and tell the immigration officer that my family is there and we just need to explore canada before my classes starts as I will be busy after that?

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
SyedZaidi1 said:
Usman, Bro my mom and brother are currently in Canada. So if I get my visa 70 day before my classes can I fly 2 or 1.5 month before my classes and tell the immigration officer that my family is there and we just need to explore canada before my classes starts as I will be busy after that?
Well, honestly bro, we can't predict.
It can be a good reason that later I will be very busy with my studies so I want to spend time with them now.

ducaticanada

Dec 5, 2013
SyedZaidi1 said:
AOA
bro u can 1 or 1.5 before ur class.... if u want o go earlier try to get admission in may session .... i am doing the same i also got visa for sept 14 intake

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Muhammad Adnan Altaf said:
what if I justify it by getting admission in some ESL program and showing them that I want to improve my language skill just before going to college?
This might be accepted by the immigration officer as a valid excuse - or it might not - in which case you'll find yourself on the next flight home. So if you're willing to gamble the cost of a return flight then you can certainly give it a try. April / May is VERY early. So I would be prepared for questions.

shaikhashher

Aug 15, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
usman_14pk said:
Well, honestly bro, we can't predict.
It can be a good reason that later I will be very busy with my studies so I want to spend time with them now.
Usman Bhai,
For which intake have you applied and which college and course please share the details.

SyedZaidi1

Star Member
Feb 14, 2014
ducaticanada said:
AOA
bro u can 1 or 1.5 before ur class.... if u want o go earlier try to get admission in may session .... i am doing the same i also got visa for sept 14 intake
Yes bro, I am in may intake 2014

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Muhammad Adnan Altaf said:
actually I want to go there as early as possible bcuz my finacee lives in Canada and I have to get married there so its batter if I go early there and registered my marriage there !
You see at POE officer will ask you about your purpose to come to Canada. You have a SP starting in September but YOUR REAL intention is TO MARRY? From CIC point of view this is a misrepresentation. CIC will ask you later a lot of unpleasant questions (if and when you apply for PR sponsored by your wife).

Bro my mom and brother are currently in Canada
It will cause a lot of question at POE.