+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does this work?

YUPPPP

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
I have got a three year and two year course admit. Now i have a gut feeling that i should apply for visa on basis of the two yr course... however the three yr course is in windsor half hr away from family.

so i wonder how it works that i change my college on getting visa... since the permit would be for 2 yrs only... how will i be able to study three yrs... it is possible to get extension... and would that mean i get a three yr job search permit too?

thank you for your kind replies

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
YUPPPP said:
I have got a three year and two year course admit. Now i have a gut feeling that i should apply for visa on basis of the two yr course... however the three yr course is in windsor half hr away from family.

so i wonder how it works that i change my college on getting visa... since the permit would be for 2 yrs only... how will i be able to study three yrs... it is possible to get extension... and would that mean i get a three yr job search permit too?

thank you for your kind replies
You can change your program from 2-years to 3-years and later before the expiry of your current 2-year SP, you can extend your SP from within Canada by showing your current transcript of that time and a letter from your institute stating that program duration is 3-years. There is nothing to worry or nothing illegal in that.

"Dropped one college and applied to another. It is fine doing so but you must inform your 2-year program institute that I have LOA from other and I am joining that institute so transfer my credits and fee (If Any). This part is important that you must inform your previous institute about your movement"

Yes you will get 3-year PGWP after completion of your studies for work.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
YUPPPP said:
will they agree to transfer my credits and fees?
YES!
Just provide them with your other LOA.
Tell them the reason and they will transfer your credit and fee.
May be they deduct some small amount in your fee depending on their policy.