+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does the IRCC Processing time calculator work?

Jul 12, 2022
I'm talking about this
Check processing times - Canada.ca

I've submitted my Visitor Visa Application on June 23, 2022 and submitted biometrics on June 27. When my biometrics got uploaded, I checked the above website to get an estimate date and it gave me 82 processing days so I expect by 1st or 2nd week of September they will give the final decision.

My problem with the website is that every week when I check the processing time, the days increases, as of now it says around 116 days. Does that mean my processing time will also be moved to 116 days or I should expect an update on the original 82 days?

Ololosh

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
According to IRCC website, the processing time is how much it took to process 80% of applications in the last 2-4 months.

Since processing has been getting slower (for most countries), you might want to get patient and expect news in 4-6 months after you applied.

Jul 12, 2022
According to IRCC website, the processing time is how much it took to process 80% of applications in the last 2-4 months.

Since processing has been getting slower (for most countries), you might want to get patient and expect news in 4-6 months after you applied.
That's sad. I might as well cancel and request for a refund. My sole purpose is to make it on my father's birthday on September 15 and it's clearly impossible at this point. Not to mention that there's no progress in my application since June 27.

Thank you for responding.

Reactions: Ololosh