+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how do you fight loneliness and impatience?

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
our process was 1 year waiting time, but thnx god is over my husband is in Canada m, i found Canada Visa forum very helpful talking and sharing feeling with another applicants helping each other , it was really hard waiting time , i felt sometimes to give up , but thnx to my people who supported alot , and also i keept myself busy at work , and try to spend my time not to think a lot about the processing time , Good luck to everybody who are still waiting , and all the best

ekaterina1984

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.05.2013. Sponsorship approved 17.06.2013
Doc's Request.
Updated forms sent on december 18 2013
Med's Request
November 25 , 2013
Med's Done....
December 18 ,2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
This forum helps me a lot to cope with sadness and depression and of course my hubby does . He always encourages me when I'm getting upset about it . My time waitting is 17 months . We have recieved a notification that my hubby approved as a sponsor and application have been sent to the visa office for futher processing . And OMG 17 months more of waitting. My hubby says that 17 months goes by awful fast but it's crazy anyway . I have to seep without my husband and wake up without him for the 17 months . Sometimes I think what if ''We will be refused'' and we have to appeal and it will take more time longer. Thoughts like these come up in the middle of the night or during a dull day and they have the capacity to scare and make me feel uneasy. Skype or phone calls where I can see my husband and hear his voice make me feel better. :)

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.
21/01/2013 AIP Received 14/02/2013
Med's Done....
26/11/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/29/2013
LANDED..........
12/08/2013
simb said:
your process will also be soon over.. and soon you will be with your loved one..
thank you, simb :)

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
26/11/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/29/2013
LANDED..........
12/08/2013
europe said:
our process was 1 year waiting time, but thnx god is over my husband is in Canada m, i found Canada Visa forum very helpful talking and sharing feeling with another applicants helping each other , it was really hard waiting time , i felt sometimes to give up , but thnx to my people who supported alot , and also i keept myself busy at work , and try to spend my time not to think a lot about the processing time , Good luck to everybody who are still waiting , and all the best
yeah, there are those time that I just want to leave everything and everyone behind and go to the mountains and be a monk or something.lol. It is nice to hear stories of success and people who overcome the similar situation i am in right now. thanks for sharing your story.

CB

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
26/11/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/29/2013
LANDED..........
12/08/2013
ekaterina1984 said:
This forum helps me a lot to cope with sadness and depression and of course my hubby does . He always encourages me when I'm getting upset about it . My time waitting is 17 months . We have recieved a notification that my hubby approved as a sponsor and application have been sent to the visa office for futher processing . And OMG 17 months more of waitting. My hubby says that 17 months goes by awful fast but it's crazy anyway . I have to seep without my husband and wake up without him for the 17 months . Sometimes I think what if ''We will be refused'' and we have to appeal and it will take more time longer. Thoughts like these come up in the middle of the night or during a dull day and they have the capacity to scare and make me feel uneasy. Skype or phone calls where I can see my husband and hear his voice make me feel better. :)
wow 17 months!? reading this, i felt bad for feeling bad in waiting for a couple more months. according to Niana.j, Pakistan waiting time is 28 months. this gives me no reason to feel down. Sis, just try to stay positive and keep the faith and love alive. you are not alone, there are lots of us here on the same boat. Just try to keep your self busy and 17 months will pass by fast,like your husband said. before you know it, you got the visa in your hands.

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
wow!! you guys are impressive!!
I've been waiting for my Temporary Visa approval to meet with my 2yr bf (who left 7 months ago) and i find it SO DIFFICULT. he's not even my husband yet, and i've only been away from him for 7 months but im dying! and reading your stories makes me realize that its not so bad for me... my visa is taking time because of this damn strike and i havent gotten a job because every day i get the feeling i will be getting my visa soon and then every night i tell myself i will find a job the next day while i wait... idk what to do cuz im moping around all the time!
i was supposed to get my visa like a month ago and still nothing!! :/ hopefully the day will come when i post again in this forum saying im happily reunited with him....

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
cranberries said:
wow 17 months!? reading this, i felt bad for feeling bad in waiting for a couple more months. according to Niana.j, Pakistan waiting time is 28 months. this gives me no reason to feel down. Sis, just try to stay positive and keep the faith and love alive. you are not alone, there are lots of us here on the same boat. Just try to keep your self busy and 17 months will pass by fast,like your husband said. before you know it, you got the visa in your hands.
yes. a person whenever IF feeling low or impatient should just go through this forum or just think about people whose VO timings are 20+ months...
this gives a lot of positivity that we still are better...and God give those people strength throughout their long process

boyblue

Dec 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niana.j said:
you are from the Philippines therefore you will get your visa in the next two or three months. You have a timeline to die for. Trust me you will know what pain is if you had to wait 2-3 years to reunite with a loved one. That is the timeline Pakistani spouses are dealing with. Please wander over to the Islamabad threads and meet the poor souls dwelling in hell.
The last time I've seen my wife in person is when I accompanied her to the airport August of 2008 for her flight to Canada. I am the LC2 and most probably our application will be completed by Canada Embassy Manila on August 2015 by which time we can finally be together.

ekaterina1984

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.05.2013. Sponsorship approved 17.06.2013
Doc's Request.
Updated forms sent on december 18 2013
Med's Request
November 25 , 2013
Med's Done....
December 18 ,2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
cranberries said:

Thank you I try to stay positive

stelam

Apr 11, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
19-11-2013 (requested to send passport six weeks after remed date)
I'm very grateful for these forums. Some days are definitely harder than others... When things get rough (like today for instance...), I read these forums and it helps quite a lot, knowing that my wife and I aren't going through this alone. The solidarity and the knowledge base of this discussion board is a blessing. On behalf of my wife and I, we thank you all a lot.

It's funny how since I married my wife (2011), part of me has never felt so happy. But another part has never been suffering and aching this much... I'm sure many of you feel the same way. I'm a grown man, but some days, I just can't help it. Sometimes I feel I shed more tears than a little baby...

Our VO is in Singapore and the waiting time is currently estimated at 26 months, excluding the possible strike delays... So this part of our life can sometimes seem very dark, almost hopeless, but we try to make it worthwhile/productive nonetheless. We talk everyday through Skype. We dream about the future. We cherish the time we had the chance to spend together. My wife isn't fluent in English/French yet, so I give her some lessons and I help with her pronunciation. We try to keep ourselves busy, while constantly thinking about each other. This waiting time represents just a small portion of our life together, and someday, we'll look back at this present day and we'll be glad we went through it together.

To everyone: Your husband/wife is so worth the wait

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
26/11/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/29/2013
LANDED..........
12/08/2013
stelam said:
I'm very grateful for these forums. Some days are definitely harder than others... When things get rough (like today for instance...), I read these forums and it helps quite a lot, knowing that my wife and I aren't going through this alone. The solidarity and the knowledge base of this discussion board is a blessing. On behalf of my wife and I, we thank you all a lot.

It's funny how since I married my wife (2011), part of me has never felt so happy. But another part has never been suffering and aching this much... I'm sure many of you feel the same way. I'm a grown man, but some days, I just can't help it. Sometimes I feel I shed more tears than a little baby...

Our VO is in Singapore and the waiting time is currently estimated at 26 months, excluding the possible strike delays... So this part of our life can sometimes seem very dark, almost hopeless, but we try to make it worthwhile/productive nonetheless. We talk everyday through Skype. We dream about the future. We cherish the time we had the chance to spend together. My wife isn't fluent in English/French yet, so I give her some lessons and I help with her pronunciation. We try to keep ourselves busy, while constantly thinking about each other. This waiting time represents just a small portion of our life together, and someday, we'll look back at this present day and we'll be glad we went through it together.

To everyone: Your husband/wife is so worth the wait
Very well said, stalem. I was tearing up while reading your post. I never thought it would be this hard to be in a long distance relationship. I knew it was gonna be difficult but not this difficult. there are days that it just gets the best of me. my husband and I are feeling the same way. but just like the old saying goes, the only thing you can change in a situation (like this one) is your self.......i just hope that after this long wait I can be a better person. thanks for sharing :)

can_4visa

Jun 23, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
File Transfer...
23-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Passport Req..
24-05-2013 (As per GCMS notes)- missed it as no email received.
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
07-12-2013
Thanks for starting this discussion; its really very hard to stay apart from your loved ones. But don't worry this waiting period is going to end soon, the best thing which we can do is to keep us busy.

cancerscorpio

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2013
AOR Received.
July 3, 2013
File Transfer...
July 19, 2013
Med's Request
Re-med June 9, 2014
Med's Done....
May 17, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2014, Decision Made: July 19, 2014 Visa on Hand: July 24, 2014 Thank you Lord!
LANDED..........
July 26, 2014
It's really tough being away from the person you love, it's even tougher to have to prove your relationship to a complete stranger and to depend your happiness and future on the hands of another person. I just really wish that God will be with us through this whole process.

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
26/11/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/29/2013
LANDED..........
12/08/2013
cancerscorpio said:
It's really tough being away from the person you love, it's even tougher to have to prove your relationship to a complete stranger and to depend your happiness and future on the hands of another person. I just really wish that God will be with us through this whole process.
you're right. I just take solace from the fact that our relationship can't be more genuine and that they'll see that on the proof we provided.

quebec23

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
Doc's Request.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013
Passport Req..
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2014
LANDED..........
28-01-2014
You guys wont believe, but I decided to stay in Canada 1 day before my flight leaves.
I was flighting back to my country to get another visa, see family, get some documents for the outland process.

But one day before, I said: "No I cant do it, I cant be away from my partner". Then, I made an extension for a tourist visa 1 day before it expires and we are together till now.
Since then everything is fine and we rented a nice apartment.