+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I submit my medical exam?

schi124

Oct 22, 2015
Hi everyone,

My wife (Canadian) and I (American) submitted an outland application in January, which was received January 20th. We did not include the medical exam, as it was much more expensive to complete in the United States and our understanding was that the exam could be submitted at a later date.

With that, I completed my medical exam this morning (in Canada) and am wondering how to proceed. Everything the Dr. said seemed to contradict what I've read online, so I'd appreciate some clarification.

Do I need to submit proof of my exam to CIC, or will my results be automatically transmitted? I was given an information sheet that includes a UMI number, and the doctor said to submit this to the CIC. Any idea how I do that?

Thank you for the help!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

schi124 said:
Hi everyone,

My wife (Canadian) and I (American) submitted an outland application in January, which was received January 20th. We did not include the medical exam, as it was much more expensive to complete in the United States and our understanding was that the exam could be submitted at a later date.

With that, I completed my medical exam this morning (in Canada) and am wondering how to proceed. Everything the Dr. said seemed to contradict what I've read online, so I'd appreciate some clarification.

Do I need to submit proof of my exam to CIC, or will my results be automatically transmitted? I was given an information sheet that includes a UMI number, and the doctor said to submit this to the CIC. Any idea how I do that?

Thank you for the help!
1. If the Panel Physician has emedical, then it is filed electronically.
2. If you don't have a file no./UIC you will have to wait and send the receipt copy to CIC when you do. Although it is really not necessary.

schi124

Oct 22, 2015
PMM said:
Hi

1. If the Panel Physician has emedical, then it is filed electronically.
2. If you don't have a file no./UIC you will have to wait and send the receipt copy to CIC when you do. Although it is really not necessary.
Great, thanks. I received an emedical information sheet, so that should all be good.

I do have a UCI and application number, but no one asked for them at the exam so I did not provide them. Is that an issue?

Leamic

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Aug-2015
AOR Received.
06-Nov-2015
File Transfer...
26-Nov-2015
Med's Request
27-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
30-Jan-2016/ Med's Rec'd by CIC: 16-Feb-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-Jan-2016/ Docs sent 4-Mar-201
VISA ISSUED...
11-Mar-2016 (Rec'd 17-Mar-2016)
LANDED..........
Deadline 12-Feb-2017
schi124 said:
Great, thanks. I received an emedical information sheet, so that should all be good.

I do have a UCI and application number, but no one asked for them at the exam so I did not provide them. Is that an issue?
Have you tried checking it online? There is an emedical site and when you log in with your information, near the bottom there is a section hat says Health Case Status and it will tell you if it has been submitted or not. It also has instructions on the information sheet to submit the medicals if they are upfront medicals. try searching for emedical.immi and see what sites come up. It says I can't post links.

julies879

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
17-05-2016, sent same day
AOR Received.
27-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-02-2017
schi124 said:
Hi everyone,

Thank you for the help!
This is something I'm curious about. Are you living up there now and have your medical done OR were you visiting and had it done? It's $395 for medical here in WA state. We are visiting family up in BC in 2 weeks and I really would love to have it done there if it's faster to get in (6 week wait here) AND less $$$

schi124

Oct 22, 2015
julies879 said:
This is something I'm curious about. Are you living up there now and have your medical done OR were you visiting and had it done? It's $395 for medical here in WA state. We are visiting family up in BC in 2 weeks and I really would love to have it done there if it's faster to get in (6 week wait here) AND less $$$
Well, technically I'm only visiting. It was really easy to complete the screening in Canada though. I was looking at paying around $500 back in Chicago, but the total cost was $270 (CAD) in Vancouver. If you are passing through Vancouver I recommend the office of Dr. Cheryl Anderson. When I called I was offered an appointment the next day, and they were able to complete the exam, x-ray, and blood draw.

304-888 8 Ave W Vancouver BC V5Z 3Y1 Canada

Phone: 604-874-0261