+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I request Refund from CIC on Canceled EE Application

Sep 9, 2015
So my application was "cancelled" for sending the wrong Police certificate in my application.
The letter says, As we are rejecting you application, CIC will refund the fees that you have paid.... You are no longer a candidate for Express Entry....

It's been over three weeks, there's no refund yet to my credit card. Is something else I need to do to get my refund.

As side note, I immediately created another EE profile and got ITA 3 days later 450+.
I got the correct police certificate and I'm about to make another submission and another payment.
I'm worried about double payment when my first payment has not even been refunded.
Any advice on how to get my money back please?

nat29

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
I have been rejected few months ago too. I reapplied again and payed the fees for the second time. Though, with my second application I payed only Processing fee and waited for CIC to request RPRF this time. I got a refund of both fees (Precessing and RPRF) for the first application in 2 months after receiving rejection letter.
And as for KelChiAvan's comment, I don't think it matters where you are from, Africa or Europe, Asia or America. We are all pretty the same. Some of us are just in a bit of a better situation than the others, but there is no need for such comments.

KelChiAvan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
August 22, 2015
Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
Nat29 why are you picking on something that was not addressed to you? What's wrong saying your name sounds Nigerian? Can't I familiarise with someone from my country? Please relax and stop getting agitated over nothing! We would all get this PR so please relax and stop getting worked up over nothing :':)P
PS: I deleted my previous comment so I don't create za scene out of nothing but on a second thought I decided to clarify it with you!

MahsaRB

May 2, 2019
I received the same letter for a Police certificate!
Is there any way I can ask for a second chance to provide the document in the original language as they want??
It is not fair to do it all over again just because its missing one page!!!