+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can we convince the visa officer that my wife will return from Canada?

summoner

Jun 24, 2021
I, and my wife were long-term residents in the EU since 2016. I have recently moved to Canada as a worker for two years. My wife is finishing her studies back in the EU.

She applied for a visitor visa to come and visit me, but her application was rejected due to the following reasons:

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

As far as I have understood, the visa officer was not convinced that she will return to the EU, but rather will stay here. However, that doesn't make sense for her because she is pursuing her PhD there, and also is working as a researcher. We have added all the documents that shows she has ties to the country in which she currently resides. Specifically, those documents are

- Rental contract
- Work contract
- Confirmation of ongoing studies
- Letter of employment

Does this mean that she will never be able to come and visit me in Canada? If not, then what should we do in order to convince the visa officer that she will indeed go back to the EU and finish her studies?