+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how can i remarry and get my wife to canada

sam_kumar

Feb 11, 2019
Hi all ,

please find my case .

Me and my wife got married in India on june 2017, My wife applied as PR under skill full labor class worker and im depended PR . she landed in March 2018 and i landed in 2018 May in canada. after landing we are stay together for 3 months later we are broke out.our marriage in not working and we are planing to move out each other and got divorce ASAP from India .

my questions looks like simple but i need to under stand lot of things before talking any step.

1) if i got divorce in india will it valid hear ?
i think yes its valid , Many forms saying my PR status wont effect as long as i can stay in canada.
2)how to change my status depended PR to independent PR
3) if i remarry a Indian girl can i bring my new wife to canada ? and get PR to her ?

Jan 21, 2019
Hi all ,

please find my case .

Me and my wife got married in India on june 2017, My wife applied as PR under skill full labor class worker and im depended PR . she landed in March 2018 and i landed in 2018 May in canada. after landing we are stay together for 3 months later we are broke out.our marriage in not working and we are planing to move out each other and got divorce ASAP from India .

my questions looks like simple but i need to under stand lot of things before talking any step.

1) if i got divorce in india will it valid hear ?
i think yes its valid , Many forms saying my PR status wont effect as long as i can stay in canada.
2)how to change my status depended PR to independent PR
3) if i remarry a Indian girl can i bring my new wife to canada ? and get PR to her ?
A PR is a PR, I don't think there is such a thing as dependent PR and independent PR. As long as you have done your landing procedures you have the same rights as any other PR whether you were the main applicant or the spouse.

Other more qualified members may be able to reply to your other questions however I wouldn't be surprised if you trying to sponsor a new wife just months after landing would attract the scrutiny of the IRCC as to whether your initial marriage was not one of convenience.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you are allowed to sponsor another spouse in this case if you currently meet your RO. Expect quite a lot of scrutiny given your situation.