+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I prove ties to home country?

testla009

Mar 29, 2021
I have been rejected visitor visa to Canada twice. First one few years ago due to insufficient funds and not enough ties to home country. Second time last year and only for insufficient ties to home country.

My sister is a PR of Canada, I am a single female and I showed employment, ownership of an apartment and the rest of my family except my sister is living in my home country.
How else can I show ties? I wonder if this is the previous rejections that is impacting the officer's decision. The rest of my family has already got visitor visas but somehow I keep getting rejected.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Funds are very important becuase you need to show that you have funds to support your visit. Show you can afford airfare, food, travel and accommodations. Show a healthy bank account. Also only ask for a visit of a few weeks. You can’t travel anyways without written authorizaiton for essential travel.

testla009

Mar 29, 2021
Funds are very important becuase you need to show that you have funds to support your visit. Show you can afford airfare, food, travel and accommodations. Show a healthy bank account. Also only ask for a visit of a few weeks. You can’t travel anyways without written authorizaiton for essential travel.
Thanks. I think the fact that officer did not mention anything about funds in my second refusal means they were fine with my financial situation.

testla009

Mar 29, 2021
I
I thought travel for immediate family is allowed? should I provide proof that my travel is essential?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I
I thought travel for immediate family is allowed? should I provide proof that my travel is essential?
You are not immediate family. You are extended family. You need to show that your travel is essential in a pandemic - sister is hospitalized or ill are examples. Yes, you need proof and not only a visitor visa but written authorization to travel.