+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I Immigrate to Canada as a Skilled worker after Deportation from USA?

Bobby_x23

Jan 8, 2009
Hello all,

I arrived to the USA in 1999 as a Lawful Permanent Resident. In 2001 I committed a crime of misdemeanor (credit card fraud under USD$800) or as it is name by USA immigration (crime of Moral Turpitude). I was never incarcerated I only got 2 years probation. In 2003 I married a USA citizen and we have to boys 3years and 4 years old. My wife had submitted a petition with INS to grant me my pr status back. In November 2006 ICE showed at my door to get me deported from USA. As a result I am now back in my country of citizenship.

Is now been 2 years since deportation; I am a professional Computer Science Engineer (IT, Network Administrator) and I would like to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa to Canada. I have several questions:
1. Will my previews case of deportation prevent me to obtain the visa?
2. Should I answer yes to the question in the form that says “Been Ordered to Leave Canada or any other country”?
3. Should I answer yes to the question in the form that says “Charged with an offence or crime in Canada or any other country”?
4. Will it help me for my application the fact that I am marry to a US citizen and have US children that will be migrating with me to Canada?
5. Does USA and Canada share or exchange immigration information?

All information will be appreciated, also if you have links where I can find some answers, will be great as well.

Thank you all in advanced, God Bless you.
Bobby.

elliot4004

Jan 8, 2009
Yes USA/Canada do not share any info except of a particular interest. Your deportation in the USA does not affect your Canada PR but will be a factor of consideration during approval or your PR. You indicated you were put on probation. Really your chance of getting approved is slim for the fact that you were deported commiting a crime.

My advice is that if you can eliminate in your application that you did not reside in the US then you can say no to everything and that way you will not submitt FBI report, and you have to keep out of trouble hence cos you get on the spot light again, all this will come out.

1. Will my previews case of deportation prevent me to obtain the visa? POSSIBLY
2. Should I answer yes to the question in the form that says “Been Ordered to Leave Canada or any other country”? YES
3. Should I answer yes to the question in the form that says “Charged with an offence or crime in Canada or any other country”? YES
4. Will it help me for my application the fact that I am marry to a US citizen and have US children that will be migrating with me to Canada? NO
5. Does USA and Canada share or exchange immigration information? OF a particular interest. In your case, may be

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
Don't forget, as you have been convicted of a crime, you may have to apply for pardon before you can apply for Canadian PR.

Bobby_x23

Jan 8, 2009
Hello all,

Basically you mean to tell me that I would be rejected for my criminal record? Doesn’t Canada believe that someone can rehab from a mistake? I committed that crime when I was only 19, stupid me for doing it, but is already done and has caused me and my family a lot. Now I am 28 with a Profession and a long work experience from the USA and more from my Country, from which I can provide letters to prove that I have overcome my error and learned from it.

I want to provide my family with the quality of life that they deserve, especially for my two boys that have nothing to do with my mistake, but they are paying for it.

Honestly, I would like to know if I am wasting my time with the idea of immigrating to Canada.

I would appreciate your honest truth on this, plus advices if you have any.

Thank you and God bless you,

Bobby.

zednought

Dec 26, 2008
Cambridge, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2008
Doc's Request.
16-06-2009
Med's Request
17-11-2009
Med's Done....
08-12-2009
Passport Req..
04-01-2010
LANDED..........
14-06-2010
Re: How can I Immigrate to Canada as a Skilled worker after Deportation from USA

Bobby,

By my calculation it is now five years since the completion of your sentence for this crime (i.e. two years probation). You are now eligible to apply for "rehabilition"
to overcome your inadmissability to Canada. If this was a single offence that occured 10 years ago you would probably be "deemed rehabilitated". However, given
that it wasn't you have no other option that to apply for rehabilitation. The process is pretty straight-forward, more details here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/rehabil.asp.

This is frustrating I know, I'm having to go through it as well for a single (minor) offence that occurred 23 years ago.

Kids there's a lesson here somewhere.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Bobby_x23 said:
Hello all,

Basically you mean to tell me that I would be rejected for my criminal record?

Not necessarily. But you really need to get the advice of a good immigration lawyer in your case. Not only have you been convicted of a crime, but you have also been deported. It is still possible to be accepted as a skilled worker in your case, but the maze is more difficult to navigate.

mak72

Jan 10, 2009
I fully Agree with elliot4004, the moment you say you stayed in US, you have to accept all the things you did in US and with this the chance's are very thin of getting PR for canada.
more over you occupation is not in the 38 catogery list,

zednought

Dec 26, 2008
Cambridge, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2008
Doc's Request.
16-06-2009
Med's Request
17-11-2009
Med's Done....
08-12-2009
Passport Req..
04-01-2010
LANDED..........
14-06-2010
Re: How can I Immigrate to Canada as a Skilled worker after Deportation from USA

mak72 said:
I fully Agree with elliot4004, the moment you say you stayed in US, you have to accept all the things you did in US and with this the chance's are very thin of getting PR for canada.
more over you occupation is not in the 38 catogery list,
So, you're advocating lying on an immigration application form. There are no percentages in this. Apart from the ethical questions you
would doubtless spend the rest of you life in Canada (always assuming you got there) looking over your shoulder.

Definately not sensible advice.

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008

lies will only lead to more lies anyway and would suggest no rehabilitation has occurred. First red flag that would come up is if your wife is a US citizen and you have American children why don't you apply for the US Green Card (reasonable question) then you would have to spill the truth..
My 2 cents advice is be truthful always! Otherwise it could hurt later down the road!

Bobby_x23

Jan 8, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I thank you very much for your advices; I have already downloaded the Rehab paperwork and will read carefully. I agree with all of you in not to lie in my application, if I file my application will be with the honest truth; I don’t think that lying the solution to the issue, in fact it will hurt my family more in the long run.

Does anyone know a link for the 38 category list? I seem not to be able to get an updated one.

Again, THANK YOU very much for your advices and God Bless.

Bobby

qaamkash

May 10, 2009
I hope it not too late.If you've found it thats good.If not ...here it is

http://www.canadavisa.com/new-instructions-federal-skilled-worker-applications.html