+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I correct wrong information after submission of eAPR?

christysze

Apr 2, 2020
I submitted my eAPR yesterday but found the company name of my job reference letter has a typo. I'm afraid that IRCC would consider this as a misrepresentation of information. What can I do to inform IRCC that it was a spelling mistake?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
I submitted my eAPR yesterday but found the company name of my job reference letter has a typo. I'm afraid that IRCC would consider this as a misrepresentation of information. What can I do to inform IRCC that it was a spelling mistake?
It's NOT misrepresentation. I imagine that the letterhead is fine and the letter is genuine, but that there is a misspelling of the company name in the letter? I think it is not that uncommon. At worst they may decide to check the experience in a bit more detail. If you really want to explain, you should raise a webform. However given the current chaos and issues ongoing, I would hesitate to raise one just to state the obvious...

Last edited:

christysze

Apr 2, 2020
I'm just afraid that they wouldn't give me any chance to explain and reject my application directly......Raise a webform informing that is a mistake seems making it obvious but better than they think I'm lying about my job. What should I do?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
I'm just afraid that they wouldn't give me any chance to explain and reject my application directly......Raise a webform informing that is a mistake seems making it obvious but better than they think I'm lying about my job. What should I do?
Why do you think they will jump to the conclusion that you were lying rather than it being a typo? Also, if your assumption of how they see it is correct, why would your saying it's a misspelling change their view (they should see it as covering up the lie)?

I think the way it will play out is either they will miss or ignore the typo or they will dig a bit deeper. You have no extra information to provide to alter the path they'll choose.

However that's just my opinion, and you should do as you think best.

All the best!

P.S. I realize I mistyped my first answer. It is NOT misrepresentation. Sorry about that!

christysze

Apr 2, 2020
Why do you think they will jump to the conclusion that you were lying rather than it being a typo? Also, if your assumption of how they see it is correct, why would your saying it's a misspelling change their view (they should see it as covering up the lie)?

I think the way it will play out is either they will miss or ignore the typo or they will dig a bit deeper. You have no extra information to provide to alter the path they'll choose.

However that's just my opinion, and you should do as you think best.

All the best!

P.S. I realize I mistyped my first answer. It is NOT misrepresentation. Sorry about that!

Thanks buddy! Maybe I'm just too nervous.

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
I raised a webform to explain and forward them the correct documents. So far things are going smooth. finger corss
Thanks for the reply. @christysze . Glad its all going well for you.

Do you mean you attached another work letter with the typo error corrected?

Can you please let me know within how much time and how you got a response back?

I'm worried about my issue too. My profile/application number was typed wrongly with an extra number in all index pages and LOEs. What do you suggest I write?

Thanks!

christysze

Apr 2, 2020
Thanks for the reply. @christysze . Glad its all going well for you.

Do you mean you attached another work letter with the typo error corrected?

Can you please let me know within how much time and how you got a response back?

I'm worried about my issue too. My profile/application number was typed wrongly with an extra number in all index pages and LOEs. What do you suggest I write?

Thanks!
Yes. I sent them new reference letter. I just wrote that I found a typo in the letter so I upload the correct one to replace the one I uploaded before.

Reactions: Tivativalu