+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can i apply work permit

Ishu13

Dec 30, 2018
Hello,

I am currently on Study Permit which is valid till 2021, but I am considering quitting my studies and look for a job. I won't quit until I find a decent job.

My question is, can I apply for a Work Permit when I officially quit my studies, if I have a valid job letter can I apply for the permit while being in Canada ? Does anyone know, for how many day's can we stay after officially quitting studies.

Is the any alternative solution i.e. I apply for a normal visitor visa, and once I find a job I apply for work permit.

Thank you in advance for the help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am currently on Study Permit which is valid till 2021, but I am considering quitting my studies and look for a job. I won't quit until I find a decent job.

My question is, can I apply for a Work Permit when I officially quit my studies, if I have a valid job letter can I apply for the permit while being in Canada ? Does anyone know, for how many day's can we stay after officially quitting studies.

Is the any alternative solution i.e. I apply for a normal visitor visa, and once I find a job I apply for work permit.

Thank you in advance for the help.
A job offer isn't enough to apply for a work permit. Your employer must also obtain an approved LMIA. The LMIA process is quite long and expensive for the employer with no guarantee of approval at the end of the process. Typically it takes 4-6 months for the LMIA process to be completed end to end. The first step is for your employer to advertise the job for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be found for the role. Generally speaking, it's extremely difficult to find employers willing to go through the LMIA process.

Your study permit will be canceled once you have been out of school for more than 90 days. So if you plan to stop attending school, you should change your status to visitor so that you can remain in Canada without going out of status. Note that if you are working part time, you must stop working as soon as you stop attending school full time.

benjor69

Dec 27, 2018
So if you plan to stop attending school, you should change your status to visitor so that you can remain in Canada without going out of status.[/QUOTE]
Is that hard to get status change to visitor if you quit being a fulltime student???..anyone sucess

benjor69

Dec 27, 2018
So if you plan to stop attending school, you should change your status to visitor so that you can remain in Canada without going out of status.[/QUOTE]
Is that hard to get status change to visitor if you quit being a fulltime student???..anyone sucess