+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How a visitor can get permanent residence in canada

Maheebutt

Jul 4, 2018
Hello ..i m a married female and have canadian visit visa ..i m thinking to settle in Canada ..what are the ways to get permanent residence in canada..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks
How i can stay and work there ?what kind of legal formalities i have to do?
In order to work, you need a full time job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer must also obtain an approved LMIA. If your employer is able to get an approved LMIA, you can then apply for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer. The LMIA process is long (4-6 months) and expensive for the employer with no guarantee of approval. As a first step, the employer must advertise the job for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be found for the role. Because the LMIA process is so long and expensive with no guarantee of approved, it's generally extremely difficult to find employers willing to go through the process. If you want to remain in Canada, you should focus on qualifying and applying for PR. The link for Canada's PR programs has already been provided to you above.

As stated earlier, being here on a visitor visa gives you no advantages. You still have to go through the same process as anyone else if you want to live and work in Canada.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks
You cannot work or stay indefinitely on a visitor visa/TRV. It is illegal.

As for a WP, it's practically impossible/very difficult. You would need to find an employer who is willing to hire you.... and will then go through the LMIA process to prove that no Canadian is available for the job before you can apply for a WP

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks
Let’s put it this way. Even if you intend to acquire PR through legal means, if you tell the CBSA officer at the Canadian airport that you will do so while on a visitor visa, pretty sure the officer will put you on the next flight back home.

Reactions: Bryanna

Maheebutt

Jul 4, 2018
Let’s put it this way. Even if you intend to acquire PR through legal means, if you tell the CBSA officer at the Canadian airport that you will do so while on a visitor visa, pretty sure the officer will put you on the next flight back home.

Maheebutt

Jul 4, 2018
In order to work, you need a full time job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer must also obtain an approved LMIA. If your employer is able to get an approved LMIA, you can then apply for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer. The LMIA process is long (4-6 months) and expensive for the employer with no guarantee of approval. As a first step, the employer must advertise the job for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be found for the role. Because the LMIA process is so long and expensive with no guarantee of approved, it's generally extremely difficult to find employers willing to go through the process. If you want to remain in Canada, you should focus on qualifying and applying for PR. The link for Canada's PR programs has already been provided to you above.

As stated earlier, being here on a visitor visa gives you no advantages. You still have to go through the same process as anyone else if you want to live and work in Canada.
And what is open work permit? And is it suitable for me or not?

Maheebutt

Jul 4, 2018
In that case, you're back to the immigration planning board (Post #1) in this thread
Ok.thanks alot

No back to post 1...
I m a typical housewife..did masters in business administration from a recognized institution in pakistan..
3 year experience of job in a sales oriented company..
So what is the most suitable way of getting immigration for me?