+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How a rejection affects future application?

justin.lang

Aug 7, 2023
Hello,
My nephew is in the third year of his bachelor program in India and he has plan to apply for study permit after his undergraduation (~ in 2 years). Now I am going to apply for visitor visa this year for brother's family and my nephew's name is there as well. If this visitor visa application gets rejected, can it affect the study permit application for my nephew after 2 years?

Thanks

Reactions: soroushs96

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Yes and No.
Yes, the visa officer know that you were refused previously and he have to look into old refusal reasons.
No, because every new application is judged at its own merit.

Refusal is mandatory Only in one case, that is misrepresentation.
If you have any 1 application that is refused for misrepresentation, your next applications will surely be refused.

Reactions: justin.lang

soroushs96

Feb 22, 2023
Hello,
My nephew is in the third year of his bachelor program in India and he has plan to apply for study permit after his undergraduation (~ in 2 years). Now I am going to apply for visitor visa this year for brother's family and my nephew's name is there as well. If this visitor visa application gets rejected, can it affect the study permit application for my nephew after 2 years?

Thanks
Hi,
I'm in a very similar situation, may I ask if you applied for your nephew's visa?