+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Horse breeder

minj

Sep 18, 2007
Hello everyone, I have a question about whether Horse Breeder is qualified to apply as skilled worker?

NOC code is 8251 (Farmer...under sample title they have Horse Breeder).

My question is: Does this job fall under any one of the Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B?

Thank you everyone in advance
Minj

valioiko

Star Member
Jul 27, 2008
Hello. It falls under Skill level B, since the second digit of the NOC code is 2. If the second digit is 2 or 3 - it is skill level B. If the second digit is 1 - it's skill level A. Skill type 0 are managerial occupations.

minj

Sep 18, 2007
valioiko,

thank you for your reply. I just have few more questions:
1. if someone lived in USA illegally for a while, can that person apply for work permit to work in Canada?
2. with a same situation, can that person apply to immigrate in Canada?

I appreciate for your time

Minj

valioiko

Star Member
Jul 27, 2008
Dear minj,

Unfortunately I cannot answer this question, because I am not a professional in the field of immigration Canada. All the information I have collected on my own.

I am pretty sure that PMM will probably know the answer to your question.

PMM, help!

Goog Luck,

Valio

tilakm4

Aug 21, 2008
I guess you can with all your documentations in place of legal country of citizenship, you can apply in Buffalo office in USA.
As an illegal immigrant you are still having the right to stay in US, so I think your case will be considered as someone from country XXX living in USA.

Go ahead and check with the Buffalo office.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

minj said:
valioiko,

thank you for your reply. I just have few more questions:
1. if someone lived in USA illegally for a while, can that person apply for work permit to work in Canada?
2. with a same situation, can that person apply to immigrate in Canada?

I appreciate for your time

Minj
1. By being illegal in the US as a visitor, it is highly unlikely that a work permit would be issued, as you didn't leave the US when required, so the I/0 will feel that you won't leave Canada when the work permit expires.
2. You can only apply for PR from the US is you were ADMITTED originally for 1 year.

PMM