Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
The last quarterly update for processing time for spousal sponsorships was August 27, 2015. I'm interested in the current time for Hong Kong ...

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
Hello.

Just got notes from my GCMS information request.

On 2015/09/30 it says RECOMMEND INTERVIEW. We haven't been notified so far. Will that be for sure?

Another line says "DUE DATE" 2016/04/21. What does this mean?

Thanks for any advice, ..

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wjmund said:
Hello.

Just got notes from my GCMS information request.

On 2015/09/30 it says RECOMMEND INTERVIEW. We haven't been notified so far. Will that be for sure?

Another line says "DUE DATE" 2016/04/21. What does this mean?

Thanks for any advice, ..
The due date is about 1 year from your AOR2, did your file transferred to HKVO around April/15?
It looks like your file is in turn to be reviewed by senior officer which will decide whether to summon an interview or pass you...All "RECOMMEND" statements usually mean a second officer review, something which delays the processing of a file by a couple of month.

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
Hi Sashali: AOR2 was May 6 to HK. So if we have good luck, we may escape an interview, good to know. However, our first application was rejected, and i think i have read that may trigger a closer inspection..

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wjmund said:
Hi Sashali: AOR2 was May 6 to HK. So if we have good luck, we may escape an interview, good to know. However, our first application was rejected, and i think i have read that may trigger a closer inspection..
Yes, it probably did.

rbbridge

Aug 25, 2015
Hi How are you?

Today I received the GCMS information request sheet back. It showed that most of my application has not been started.

Item such as biographic, security, criminality process and so on process showed not started. So it seems that they have not even start with the main part of my application. The Hong Kong Office showed my work history as zero, while I worked for 30 plus years, the file showed I have zero working history.

Since my AOR date is in March 2015 and does that mean they have until March 2016 to work on this case.

Should I seek professional helps? Also while I am in Taiwan I considered myself retired, but I intent to work in Canada. Should I write to the HKVO?

Need someone to help on what I should do next.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rbbridge said:
Hi How are you?

Today I received the GCMS information request sheet back. It showed that most of my application has not been started.

Item such as biographic, security, criminality process and so on process showed not started. So it seems that they have not even start with the main part of my application. The Hong Kong Office showed my work history as zero, while I worked for 30 plus years, the file showed I have zero working history.

Since my AOR date is in March 2015 and does that mean they have until March 2016 to work on this case.

Should I seek professional helps? Also while I am in Taiwan I considered myself retired, but I intent to work in Canada. Should I write to the HKVO?

What does it say about the ELIGIBILITY? Are there any officer notes in the end? Those are the 2 most important sections.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
Thanks.

I checked all the docs I downloaded...the 3907E version was 08-2014 which did not have the requirement! This new link is 12-2015 version. I was always so skeptical about the photo spec which did not ask for photographer's chop or information, as I always had to get that done myself when I apply for passport, etc...so I looked through it again and again before I sent in the package.

Well to be safe, I'll just go to the photographer to get it done, and then send it to HKVO...who knows, just in case they want it.

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
rbbridge said:
Hi How are you?

I don't think the number on work experience means much, mine shows as 0 too.
Like sashali78 said you should take a look at the assessment section, it's probably at page 2.

Also, check Activity as well, mine is on page 25, it shows my biographic took about 6 months to complete (they sent the request to the states since I've been frequently been to the states but none of the time I stayed over 6 months), and last , check the Notes section, which is also the last few pages, mine is on page 34, if the VO has any concerns about your case, you may see it there.

rbbridge

Aug 25, 2015
Thanks for the helps, I reviewed the ELIGIBILITY, it said NOT Started. And no officer has any notes on this or at the end. So it looked like NO One looked my file or if someone asked anything about the file, and no one knows and did not get any feedbacks yet.

What should I do next?

rbbridge

Aug 25, 2015
After more carefully reviewed my notes received from the Government. It appears there are some notes which are all done at the time of the Mississauga Office. Nothing has shown has been worked on by the Hong Kong Visa Office. The eligibility has shown for family sponsorship and it has been passed. I do not know if there are another part needs to be done. I am not certain if I should just ask to transfer handling visa office if they do not know what to do with my US passport.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rbbridge said:
After more carefully reviewed my notes received from the Government. It appears there are some notes which are all done at the time of the Mississauga Office. Nothing has shown has been worked on by the Hong Kong Visa Office. The eligibility has shown for family sponsorship and it has been passed. I do not know if there are another part needs to be done. I am not certain if I should just ask to transfer handling visa office if they do not know what to do with my US passport.
That's very unusual. You should contact HKVO by specific case inquiry and ask for updates given your situation and unusual time lapse - they will be exceeding they average processing time with your file. I would also contact your MP and ask to submit an inquiry on your file.

rbbridge

Aug 25, 2015
My original application was Jan. 12, 2015, the normal processing time for HKVO is 11 month. Now is December, would you count that to be exceeding the normal processing time? The in process started in March, 2015. But nothing has been started. would you say that I have exceed the normal processing time.

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
rbbridge said:
My original application was Jan. 12, 2015, the normal processing time for HKVO is 11 month. Now is December, would you count that to be exceeding the normal processing time? The in process started in March, 2015. But nothing has been started. would you say that I have exceed the normal processing time.

11 months count from SA. U still in SLA

rbbridge

Aug 25, 2015
Okay. Is the sponsor approval date is the (SA) or the in process date show on the ECAS. Regardless for me on both items would be March 2015. Now the processing time for HKVO would be 11 month. This takes to Feb. 2016. However on the Feb. 2016 date, does this mean normally takes 11 month for the applicant to land in Canada or just to have decision made ( DM) in 11 month? How long normally takes from DM to landing?

:'( Just getting worry since nothing has started by HKVO after review my notes.