+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong Police Certificate

ch8

Aug 13, 2018
Hey, I am in urgent need of advice regarding the HK PCC application. I am currently based in Bangalore, India and will be applying for it as an overseas applicant. I received my AoR last week and am awaiting the request letter from CIC for the HK PCC. In the meantime, I would be very grateful if anybody who has applied from India could give me inputs on where I could get my fingerprints done. There are a number of private agencies but the requirement does mention an official legal authority. Any information will be immensely helpful.
Thanks!

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hi,

I am a Hong Konger here...Just wondering if I am going back to HK during Christmas, can I get the Police certificate by myself in HK police station? Just want to save some time and trouble in future.

or CIC only accept the direct mail from HK police?

ch8

Aug 13, 2018
Hi,

I am a Hong Konger here...Just wondering if I am going back to HK during Christmas, can I get the Police certificate by myself in HK police station? Just want to save some time and trouble in future.

or CIC only accept the direct mail from HK police?
I don't think that would be possible. You require an official letter from CIC asking for the HK PCC, which then has to be submitted along with accompanying forms and fees. The Clearance Certificate is then sent by mail, directly to CIC (to the address mentioned on the original request letter).

Reactions: a16107

espresso

Dec 1, 2018
Hi ,

Has anyone applied for a Hong Kong police certificate from Canada?
Would be interested to know about the steps followed and the time in which you received it back?

Thanks for your help

basyaq

Jan 7, 2019
Hello everyone,I just want to ask if I can get a police clearance upfront in Hong Kong thank you..

espresso

Dec 1, 2018
Hello everyone,I just want to ask if I can get a police clearance upfront in Hong Kong thank you..
No you can't. You will need to wait for the IRCC to issue you a letter requesting for the CNCC and use this letter to request for the certificate from the HK police. This letter will be issued around the time when you receive MEP which is around 32-35 days from AOR.

basyaq

Jan 7, 2019
No you can't. You will need to wait for the IRCC to issue you a letter requesting for the CNCC and use this letter to request for the certificate from the HK police. This letter will be issued around the time when you receive MEP which is around 32-35 days from AOR.
Thank you so much..

espresso

Dec 1, 2018
Also for anyone in future curious about this - yes you need originals of fingerprints as well as the application documents with signatures.
Hi , could you please tell me how long did it take for the CNCC document to reach IRCC.

Thanks

ap1105

Jan 28, 2019
Hi All,

I really need some help with my eAPR. The document checklist generated has a tab of "Police Certificate - Hong Kong" for my spouse (she has stayed in HK for a year). The IRCC website says that they will send a letter with which you can apply for a police certificate of HK. However I am not clear as to what should I upload in the "Police Certificate - Hong Kong" tab as I don't have any letter from IRCC yet. If I don't upload any documents then my worry is it wont let me submit my eAPR. Is there any way around this? Kindly help.

ch8

Aug 13, 2018
Hi All,

I really need some help with my eAPR. The document checklist generated has a tab of "Police Certificate - Hong Kong" for my spouse (she has stayed in HK for a year). The IRCC website says that they will send a letter with which you can apply for a police certificate of HK. However I am not clear as to what should I upload in the "Police Certificate - Hong Kong" tab as I don't have any letter from IRCC yet. If I don't upload any documents then my worry is it wont let me submit my eAPR. Is there any way around this? Kindly help.
Faced a similar situation. All you need to do is upload a document addressed to IRCC, mentioning that the HK Certificate of No Criminal Conviction requires an official request letter from IRCC and will be sent directly to them. This will enable you to complete your application and submit your eAPR. Once your application is processed and you will get your AoR. Post that after a 30-35 day period you should ideally get an update of "Medicals Cleared" and an Additional Document Request (ADR) requesting a HK Police Clearance. In the meantime, you should arrange to get official fingerprints from the police authorities wherever you live. They are a pre-requisite for the application to HK police department.
Hope this helps!