+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hometie

Kath Pearl

Apr 1, 2021
Good day everyone!

I have a personal question to ask which makes me confuse on my SOP. I am about to submit all forms for my student permit this fall 2021. I was rejected of a visitors visa last 2012 becuase of home ties since my mother and 3 siblings are PR in canada. My father alone at that time was my only family in the philippines. Moving on i graduated last 2017 got married, had a job in one of the resorts here. Right now i am an assistant manager and my employers are going to give me the general manager position once i return from a study in canada. Anyway my question is my husband left me with a younger girl (emotional cry) last april 2019 and one month later, may 2019, i discovered i was pregnant with our babygirl. My husband and I never get back cause he is already missing in action and i have no idea about his whereabouts. I am alone in taking care of my child while working. I manage to do it all alone with the help of my father and financial support of my family in canada. Now that i am about to submit my papers for SP should I mentioned the story about my husband leaving us? Or it will weaken my hometie especially that i have a very strong family tie in canada or my daughter as my strong inspiration, father, properties in Ph and work is strong enough? Pls help. Thank you.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Are you separated or divorced? Do you have court papers showing this? You will need to indicate your current marital status in the forms for SP. You don't have to write all the personal events in your SOP but you need to be honest about your current status.
Are you planning to take your daughter with you to Canada? If yes, you'll need her father's written consent and approval to take her out of the country.

Kath Pearl

Apr 1, 2021
Are you separated or divorced? Do you have court papers showing this? You will need to indicate your current marital status in the forms for SP. You don't have to write all the personal events in your SOP but you need to be honest about your current status.
Are you planning to take your daughter with you to Canada? If yes, you'll need her father's written consent and approval to take her out of the country.
no we are not separated or divorce in papers, just not living together and he has his new partner now. I will be leaving my child in the care of my father and aunt.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
no we are not separated or divorce in papers, just not living together and he has his new partner now. I will be leaving my child in the care of my father and aunt.
Kabayan, if you plan on bringing your children eventually, I would suggest you file for legal separation under the basis of concubinage. AFAIK, under the revised Family Code, the mother gets custody automatically for children under 7 years old.

Do you plan on getting PGWP after your study?

Kath Pearl

Apr 1, 2021
Kabayan, if you plan on bringing your children eventually, I would suggest you file for legal separation under the basis of concubinage. AFAIK, under the revised Family Code, the mother gets custody automatically for children under 7 years old.

Mahaba pa kasi process nyan and the money i will be using for the visa nalang. I will figure out another way for my daughter kasi for sure okay lang sa papa nya sa canada sha. Anyway my question is do i have to tell the in my SOP that we are not together or would it affect my hometie? Thank u

Kath Pearl

Apr 1, 2021

And hindi ko rin nilagay sa birth mg anak ko yung tatay nya kasi nagalit ako that time na may iba na sha while buntis ako at wala naman sha paki samin. Not even sure if nasa pinas pa ba sha. So nilagay ko lang sa birth ng anak ko ako lang and blank sa father.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Mahaba pa kasi process nyan and the money i will be using for the visa nalang. I will figure out another way for my daughter kasi for sure okay lang sa papa nya sa canada sha. Anyway my question is do i have to tell the in my SOP that we are not together or would it affect my hometie? Thank u
Yes, kailangan mo i declare na separated ang status mo. Ang hometie mo po ay ang anak mo. Saka sabi mo may promotion ka sa trabaho mo pagbalik mo? Hingi ka po ng certification na nagsasabing may babalikan ka na promotion. Strong hometie din po yan, kasama ng anak mo.

Best wishes to your application, kabayan!

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
And hindi ko rin nilagay sa birth mg anak ko yung tatay nya kasi nagalit ako that time na may iba na sha while buntis ako at wala naman sha paki samin. Not even sure if nasa pinas pa ba sha. So nilagay ko lang sa birth ng anak ko ako lang and blank sa father.
Ah, so hindi nakapangalan sa kanya anak mo po? Pero legally married kayo or common law lang dati? Kasi kung common law partnership lang pwede mo na po hindi i-declare, tutal sayo nakapangalan ang mga bata at wala kayo papers ng kasal. So technically, wala kayo legal partnership.

Kath Pearl

Apr 1, 2021
Ah, so hindi nakapangalan sa kanya anak mo po? Pero legally married kayo or common law lang dati? Kasi kung common law partnership lang pwede mo na po hindi i-declare, tutal sayo nakapangalan ang mga bata at wala kayo papers ng kasal. So technically, wala kayo legal partnership.
Married po talaga. Kaso wala sha pakialam sa bata ni minsan di na nagpakita at may kinakasama ng iba.