+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Holding Employer Specific Work Permit and offered a job by another Company

help_seeker12

Jun 24, 2012
Has anyone experience a situation where you had been working with employer (A) specific WP but being offered for a job with another employer (B)? The later did not ask for the your legal rights to work in Canada and just found out when you are about to sign the job offer by telling them personally about your immigration status.

Please share your experience/thoughts on how you handle the situation.

Thank you!

out

Jun 23, 2012
if your work permit is cwp; technically that is illegal and there's a violation of defying the clauses in your issued wp.

that's threatening too for the reason if the cic will get to know your situation firstly you will be put in bad light and even the employers will be in questioned too.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I am assuming you are a TFW and that you are on a closed WP. Did they rescind the job offer? Are they willing to wait for you to go through the application process? If they did not rescind the job offer and they are still willing to hire you they should go through the "recruitment process" to show that no Canadian Citizen or PR applied or qualified, apply for the LMO and you apply for the WP once a positive LMO is obtained.

help_seeker12 said:
Has anyone experience a situation where you had been w orking with employer (A) specific WP but being offered for a job with another employer (B)? The later did not ask for the your legal rights to work in Canada and just found out when you are about to sign the job offer by telling them personally about your immigration status.

Please share your experience/thoughts on how you handle the situation.

Thank you!

help_seeker12

Jun 24, 2012
Thanks for your replies.

I went to the employer last week, and it' s a NO. After telling them my status (cwp), the new employer is not willing to process LMO.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would be up front about your status next time.

I had this happen to me once (I was the employer). To be completely honest, it felt like I had been lied to and was a very negative experience for me. If the candidate had been up front with me, then I might have considered the LMO and if so, would have started on the paperwork with HR immediately. Since they waited until the very last minute to drop this bombshell on me - it was an immediate no. I need to trust the people I hire and I can't trust someone who pulls a stunt like this. Candidates need to disclose material information up front. In my books the fact the question wasn't asked is no excuse.

Sorry if this sounds harsh. Just giving some honest feedback from an employer's perspective.