Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
October 7, 2013
I am Naturalized Canadian Citizen, divorced and my BF is in the Philippines, We are planning to get married this september in HongKOng, because we cannot get married in the Phil. due to my previous marriage, filing PETITION OF FOREIGN DIVORCE IN THE PHILIPPINES COST A FORTUNE that's why our option is to do it in HK, will Canadian embassy Manila recognize the Hong Kong marriage certificate since the sponsorship will be filed in Canadian Embassy manila??? Can they still track my previous marriage there? It is just so unfair, I am divorced here in Canada and the only thing for us to be together is to get married but we cannot do it in the Phils. :(

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will need to get the Phil marriage annulled. A CENOMAR is required for the application, and in many cases an ROM is requested at later stages.

You could still apply without these documents and start the annulment process, hoping that it'll be complete by the time they ask for the said documents.

EDIT.....you are the sponsor, therefore all you need is a Canadian divorce certificate. Your BF will need to provide CENOMAR.......

BUT!!

If they ask you for an ROM at later stages in the process, you'll be in for a biiiiiiig wait, as then you will be required to get it annulled.
Having said that, I'd do it from the beginning....there is a good contact number floating around here somewhere for 3-4 month phil marriage annulment.

fabanne12

Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
October 7, 2013
Hi thanks for the reply! What do you mean by ROM?!! Record of Marriage?! Do you think we should go for annulment amd not get married in HK?! Please advise :'(

fabanne12

Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
October 7, 2013
here is my situation, I was married in the Philippines to a Canadian Citizen in 2001, became Naturalized Citizen 2005, marriage broke down and got divorced 2011, and I have a Boyfriend in the Philippines for more than 3 years, during this time in our relationship, I travelled in the Philippines 4 times to see him, and we planned to get married, but since I am still married under Philippine Law, we cannot get married there, the option we are looking into now is having my DIVORCE recgonize in the Philippines which is way too much, I mean very expensive, we have been told by this lawyer about $7,000 and we don't have that much money to spend for the PETITION FOR RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN DIVORCE, so we decided to get married in HongKong, it is cheaper there travel wise and the price for the marriage ceremony itself, but our problem now is, If I sponsor him after we get married in HK, will the Canadian Immigration recognize it, since the Applicant would be from the Philippines which is my BF, I check the Document checklist for the applicant and they are asking for a National Statistic Office copy of the Marriage Licence, which we will not have because we will be having ht HK Marriage Certificate, I want to make sure first on what we should do, so we will not have any problem in filing the sponsrship in the Canadian Immigration, we are just 2 people inlove and wanted so bad to be together, and star a new life as husband and wife in this beautiful country Canada, I want to share my life, experiences and everything here with him, please help

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROM is record of marriage. Technically you can apply with just your divorce certificate.... But manila embassy often asks for rom during the PPR stage.

If they do... Then you have big problems because your only given 45 days to submit. You could apply now and begin the annulment process... It'll be done by the time you get PPR.

It doesn't matter where you get married... As long as your legally divorced.

Twinkx

May 25, 2016
I will get married in HK to my Filipino boyfriend, will our marriage cerificate work to apply for sponsorship. What else dies he need.

Thanks

Chella8

Feb 21, 2017
Hi Twinkx, I Just read your post here and I really got interested on it as I have the same story as you , I am a Live in caregiver here in Canada and applied and Got divorced last month January 2017 I have a Filipino fiancé who is working in KSA right now, we are planing to get married in hongkong this year so we could be together like I want him to be here with me too . but As I read your post so much questions dawn on me, like the ROM ,
What did you do to get your Bf here in Canada ? Did you pursue the annulment, can you please share it to me your experiences or the steps you took to get him here, if you don't mind. Thank you :) and have a great day :)

Chella8

Feb 21, 2017
Chella8 said:
Hi Twinkx and fabanne12, I Just read your post here and I really got interested on it as I have the same story as you , I am a Live in caregiver here in Canada and applied and Got divorced last month January 2017 I have a Filipino fiancé who is working in KSA right now, we are planing to get married in hongkong this year so we could be together like I want him to be here with me too . but As I read your post so much questions dawn on me, like the ROM ,
What did you do to get your Bf here in Canada ? Did you pursue the annulment, can you please share it to me your experiences or the steps you took to get him here, if you don't mind. Thank you :) and have a great day :)

crazy D

Aug 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1-28-Sept-2016,AOR2-20-oct-2016
File Transfer...
SA 7-Oct-2016 (ECAS in process oct 15,'16)/BC in Progress-dec 2 '16, pre-arrival received-dec 16'16
Med's Done....
22th July 2016-upfront(passed)-nov 28
Interview........
Waived :)
Passport Req..
And DM - 12-jan-'17- mycic -closed/approved-18-jan-'17
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-17
LANDED..........
28-jan-17 :)
Chella8 said:
Hi Twinkx, I Just read your post here and I really got interested on it as I have the same story as you , I am a Live in caregiver here in Canada and applied and Got divorced last month January 2017 I have a Filipino fiancé who is working in KSA right now, we are planing to get married in hongkong this year so we could be together like I want him to be here with me too . but As I read your post so much questions dawn on me, like the ROM ,
Hi there,
If its not possible to apply as spouse sponsorship there is other category like common law or conjugal which other applicant got approved despite of not being legally married. Cause for me, even you get married in Hk still you have to report your marriage to get recognize in the philippines but the marriage certificate from HK is valid here in canada but its not valid when its comes to philippines unless reported.

Cheers!

Chella8

Feb 21, 2017
crazy D said:
Hi there,
If its not possible to apply as spouse sponsorship there is other category like common law or conjugal which other applicant got approved despite of not being legally married. Cause for me, even you get married in Hk still you have to report your marriage to get recognize in the philippines but the marriage certificate from HK is valid here in canada but its not valid when its comes to philippines unless reported.

Cheers!

Thank you for replying . I got hope from your message:). I think that would be great cause Canada legalized common law:)