+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hire Brother as a Caregiver from India

hanky

Jan 21, 2016
As a Canadian citizen Can I hire my Brother from India as a Caregiver for my child? What are the requirement for Caregiver program .

Thank You

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As a Canadian citizen Can I hire my Brother from India as a Caregiver for my child? What are the requirement for Caregiver program .

Thank You
Assuming you are living outside of the province of Quebec, you would need to apply through the program below which is currently closed and will reopen in January. There are limited spots and they go extremely quickly.

He will need to meet language requirements and also have the required work experience and education. There are a number of requirements you will need to meet as well.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker/some-experience-eligibility.html

Reactions: hanky and Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He has only a few months to get all documentation ready for January 1. You must meet eligibility requirements too and family members are more heavily scrutinized. Process is about 36 months too. So you haven’t been able to hire a full time caregiver in Canada or get care?

Last edited:
Reactions: hanky

hanky

Jan 21, 2016
Assuming you are living outside of the province of Quebec, you would need to apply through the program below which is currently closed and will reopen in January. There are limited spots and they go extremely quickly.

He will need to meet language requirements and also have the required work experience and education. There are a number of requirements you will need to meet as well.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker/some-experience-eligibility.html
Thank for your reply, I am in Ontario, what exactly required for education and experience?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank for your reply, I am in Ontario, what exactly required for education and experience?
You need to read through the link I gave you above in detail.

Reactions: hanky

hanky

Jan 21, 2016
He has only a few months to get all documentation ready for January 1. You must meet eligibility requirements too and family members are more heavily scrutinized. Process is about 36 months too. So you haven’t been able to hire a full time caregiver in Canada or get care?
what are the eligibility requirements other than family income? Does the family size matters?

daycare is a help currently but having family members raising kids helps a lot.

thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
what are the eligibility requirements other than family income? Does the family size matters?

daycare is a help currently but having family members raising kids helps a lot.

thank you
Yes, family size matters. Again, you need to read through the link with the detailed requirements. If you don't want to spend the time then hiring a lawyer to help you is your best option.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
is there anything wrong in it? Just asking

Thank you
Yes IRCC will not approve family members as caregivers as a way to bring family members to Canada. Unless you brother has a lot of experience working in childcare or as a nurse then look for other ways for your brother to immigrate. Your application will clearly look like you are trying to find a way to “sponsor” your brother to come to Canada. IRCC has become a lot more strict about hiring family members because people abused the system.

I.H

Jul 19, 2022

Thank You
If your brother and you have the all eligibility and documents that are needed for this program, there is nothing wrong with family membership and he can apply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If your brother and you have the all eligibility and documents that are needed for this program, there is nothing wrong with family membership and he can apply
It doesn’t appear like the brother has any history or education as as a nanny, nurse, early childhood educator, etc. As the parents have been selected take PGP in 2022 this seems purely like an attempt at family reunification. OP even specifies that he has daycare but would prefer for his children to be around family. He isn’t saying that his brother would be even better than daycare because he is a nurse or has many years of experience as a nanny. It would be extremely unusual for a many in India to be working in childcare or even as a nurse. The best option for OP brother would be to look at other immigration pathways or at least be working towards other options and not just wait and see what happens it he applies for HCCP. The only risk is that if you apply for HCCP and get denied it may make it more difficult to obtain other temporary visas because there will be more concerns that you want to remain in Canada. The parents being in the process of PGP already creates strong ties to Canada versus India. A visa agent would see this application and would assume that that now that the parents are applying for PR they want their other son to move to Canada.

jackyo

Sep 28, 2014
I am in the same boat. My brother is a licensed social worker back home. I'm also thinking of hiring him as my son's caregiver. My brother is here on a tourist visa. I have hired nannies before and processed them myself but I find that it's harder to process now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in the same boat. My brother is a licensed social worker back home. I'm also thinking of hiring him as my son's caregiver. My brother is here on a tourist visa. I have hired nannies before and processed them myself but I find that it's harder to process now.
So only option is through HCCP program which opens and closes on January 1. If he doesn’t have documentation ready with your job offer and business number then he waits until 2025 to apply or waits if there are changes to the program. Processing is about 3 years. So unless you live in Quebec, hiring him with a work permit is not an option.