+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Highest Education in Express entry - 3 year Advance diploma

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hi friends,

I went to college for 3 years (advance diploma) and selected " Bachelors Degree (Three or more year program at college, university, trade or technical school) for my highest level of education. Although its not a degree program, it's still a three-year program. Can you please confirm that I have selected the right option for my highest level of education? Actually, people have told me things like how it's not a Degree but then what should I choose for the highest level of education? I am a little confused now. thanks for your help.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hi friends,

I went to college for 3 years (advance diploma) and selected " Bachelors Degree (Three or more year program at college, university, trade or technical school) for my highest level of education. Although its not a degree program, it's still a three-year program. Can you please confirm that I have selected the right option for my highest level of education? Actually, people have told me things like how it's not a Degree but then what should I choose for the highest level of education? I am a little confused now. thanks for your help.
It's self-explanatory. If it was a 3-year program, it's good. The cool thing is you get the same points as someone who went to school for 4 years.

It's an open forum and it takes time to get answers. Please be patient, if it's urgent, you can always use the services of a licensed immigration consultant.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
It's self-explanatory. If it was a 3-year program, it's good. The cool thing is you get the same points as someone who went to school for 4 years.

It's an open forum and it takes time to get answers. Please be patient, if it's urgent, you can always use the services of a licensed immigration consultant.
Thanks for your response. Greatly appreciated

Aptechvisa

Mar 26, 2020
Hi,

The education which you opted is a three year program which enables you get only Bachelor degree. If you want to score more points for Canada immigration, you can further gain high educational qualifications like Masters or Doctorate degree in same filed of education. Hence, the right option is to choose three year educational program.

Education is considered as the primary factor which you need to pull off its eligibility criteria in order to immigrate to Canada. As Canada invites through points based system, thus you will be awarded point based upon your educational qualifications. On education factor, you can gain maximum 25 immigration points.

Hope, this Helps!

MJ1456

Sep 20, 2024
Hi friends,

Hello Robin- I am in the same boat I did 3 years advance diploma in Canada and came after +2. Can you advise the option you selected as Bachelors Degree (Three or more year program at college, university, trade or technical school) for my highest level of education. was correct? Please advise thanks.