+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Higher (wife)CRS score for FSW with lower (Husband)CRS but with occupation in demand

Jun 22, 2022
My Skill happens to be on the 'In-Demand Occupation List' in OINP but as a primary applicant, my CRS score is 10 points lower than my wife's as the primary applicant. Should I put myself as the primary applicant (for PNP) or instead go with my wife as a primary applicant, with higher CRS but No 'In-Demand Occupation List'?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My Skill happens to be on the 'In-Demand Occupation List' in OINP but as a primary applicant, my CRS score is 10 points lower than my wife's as the primary applicant. Should I put myself as the primary applicant (for PNP) or instead go with my wife as a primary applicant, with higher CRS but No 'In-Demand Occupation List'?
What is your NOC and CRS score? If your wife is the primary applicant then she wouldn’t receive an OINP nomination.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can both create separate profiles where you are the primary applicant. That's what I would suggest you do.

However as said above, if your wife doesn't have an occupation that's in demand, she won't be selected where she is the primary applicant.

Jun 22, 2022
What is your NOC and CRS score? If your wife is the primary applicant then she wouldn’t receive an OINP nomination.
My wife's NOC is 11101
Mine is 0124
With my wife as Primary Applicant, CRS is 470. With me as the primary applicant, the score is 460 (10 points less for my Age Factor)

Jun 22, 2022
You can both create separate profiles where you are the primary applicant. That's what I would suggest you do.

However as said above, if your wife doesn't have an occupation that's in demand, she won't be selected where she is the primary applicant.
Separate profile of individuals or with a spouse?