+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hide my bachelor&master degree when applying for the visa?

shzzzzyyyy

Mar 13, 2014
Hi there

My background: 35 yrs old holding master & bachelor degree both in computer science

I m gonna apply for the student visa on a college diploma offer (computer course).
It looks a bit hard to convince visa officer believe my purpose
Is it proper to hide my uni edu background?
Is my edu background accessible by the canadian visa center?

Thx

Hew123

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Hi there

My background: 35 yrs old holding master & bachelor degree both in computer science

I m gonna apply for the student visa on a college diploma offer (computer course).

Thx
Why hide?
If you must apply student visa, haven't you considered applying for a PhD?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi there

Thx
do not ever hide anything from IRCC ever given at some point in the future you may want to apply for PR where education can be a deal breaker and should IRCC find out you could be found guilty of misrepresentation and end up with a ban from Canada.

Having a masters and degree in computer science seems highly unlikely that you could get a study visa for a computer course so maybe you need to look at something that builds on your employability from a business development viewpoint.

As per earlier post have you checked your current score for express entry given age is starting to creep up on you so your degree and masters plus work experience could be key already.

Reactions: Hew123

shzzzzyyyy

Mar 13, 2014
because I m away from IT for long time. I dont think I am able to achieve a phd. The reason I choose an IT DIPLOMA is cos its much easier to pick up rather than study a new course

shzzzzyyyy

Mar 13, 2014
do not ever hide anything from IRCC ever given at some point in the future you may want to apply for PR where education can be a deal breaker and should IRCC find out you could be found guilty of misrepresentation and end up with a ban from Canada.

Having a masters and degree in computer science seems highly unlikely that you could get a study visa for a computer course so maybe you need to look at something that builds on your employability from a business development viewpoint.

As per earlier post have you checked your current score for express entry given age is starting to creep up on you so your degree and masters plus work experience could be key already.
Not a chance.
Now I m working as an admin/assistant for government i.e. totally different from what I learned in school.
To be honest, my job is newspaper & tea in the morning, meeting&report in the afternoon, drinking & activities at night. I m sick of it.
That's the reason why I wanna make a change and seek a new life in a western country

Hew123

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Not a chance.
Now I m working as an admin/assistant for government i.e. totally different from what I learned in school.
To be honest, my job is newspaper & tea in the morning, meeting&report in the afternoon, drinking & activities at night. I m sick of it.
That's the reason why I wanna make a change and seek a new life in a western country
I'm not expert in this field, but i think you can try your luck with writing a good explanation letter with the actual information and stating your true intentions.

But you should emphasis that how will your chosen studies will help you to grow your career back in your home country after finishing your studies in Canada.

Also you should mention your ties to home country and convince the visa officer with a good reason for you to come back home.

Hew123

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Not a chance.
Let's say you will hide your Bachelor's and masters.
But then how would you explain the study gap of all these years?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Not a chance.
Misrepresentation of your education status when trying to obtain a student visa/permit is extremely likely to land you in trouble. It's presumably your intention to take a course simply to access a PGWP, as there seems to be no other logical reasons for your intent to study in Canada.
I think that you are going to have significant problems with this plan, if that's the case.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there

Thx
This is a horrible idea if you ever want to apply for PR.

Here's what will happen. You hide your education and the study permit is approved. You study in Canada and then work in Canada - and then want to apply for PR. You need your Masters and Bachelor degree to apply for PR. But wait - you hid them on your study permit application and said they didn't exist. IRCC has access to your study permit application information and will compare this information to your PR application when you apply. What do you do now? You have a big problem.

And yes - there's always a chance IRCC will find out that you hid your education in the study permit application - in which case you can expect to be refused and it's possible you may be charged with misrepresentation and banned from Canada for 5 years.

If you plan to lie - don't bother applying.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Not a chance.
Seriously though as the previous posters have implied hiding anything is not a good idea and you will need a solid reason why you need to come to Canada at age 35 with only high school level education assuming you hide your degree and masters to simply take a post graduate diploma course.

You will need a rock solid additional set of lies on what you have been doing since high school further adding to the misrepresentation all of which will eventually catch up with you given every time you interact with immigration you are making a solemn declaration that all information you have provided is truthful.. Using amnesia as an excuse for not declaring anything would be no defense.

Not much more to say but if you are really serious about coming to Canada you stand much more chance of success by declaring your Degree/Masters and picking a course that enhances your work prospects. If you are looking for something not too challenging then why not project management followed by PM certification or international business management either of those leading into a PGWP for the Canadian work experience.

Decision is yours, misrepresentation followed by a ban from the country or accept that your qualifications are a credit towards a possible future in the country. Regardless legally there is no easy route to successful immigration

Reactions: Hew123

Hew123

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Seriously though as the previous posters have implied hiding anything is not a good idea and you will need a solid reason why you need to come to Canada at age 35 with only high school level education assuming you hide your degree and masters to simply take a post graduate diploma course.

You will need a rock solid additional set of lies on what you have been doing since high school further adding to the misrepresentation all of which will eventually catch up with you given every time you interact with immigration you are making a solemn declaration that all information you have provided is truthful.. Using amnesia as an excuse for not declaring anything would be no defense.

Not much more to say but if you are really serious about coming to Canada you stand much more chance of success by declaring your Degree/Masters and picking a course that enhances your work prospects. If you are looking for something not too challenging then why not project management followed by PM certification or international business management either of those leading into a PGWP for the Canadian work experience.

Decision is yours, misrepresentation followed by a ban from the country or accept that your qualifications are a credit towards a possible future in the country. Regardless legally there is no easy route to successful immigration
This is the best suggestion i saw in this thread. Apply for a course that will help to grow your career.

saugustine

Aug 27, 2020
If I applied to one of the Canada university as a direct student , even though I studied as a medical student outside Canada for one year and dropped it . If I got admission as a direct student and for getting a student permit I mentioned to Government of Canada that I studied asa medical student outside Canada for 1 year , even though not informed the University.
When I am applying to Universities they are not willing to accept me.
Will it create any issues later when applying for study permit and PR?
Because in the records of University I am a direct student and Canada immigration , Government records I had done one yr medical course.