+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi, Please I am confused an I need your help

atefbouss

Jun 26, 2023
I have finished my first year with an employer and now for the second year I'm with a new employer since November.
I'm confused filling the express entry question for work history
The question:
Has....been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?
I have selected No because with the new employer on my new work permit I have some months (3). but with the old I have more than 1 year
Just to know for my new employer I have the same NOC. So I changed just employer
Please is it correct (NO) or I can Choose YES?
Have I lost my 1 full year experience?
if I select yes The question will give more points.
There is no possibility of combining and select YES.
Please help

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have finished my first year with an employer and now for the second year I'm with a new employer since November.
I'm confused filling the express entry question for work history
The question:
Has....been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?
I have selected No because with the new employer on my new work permit I have some months (3). but with the old I have more than 1 year
Just to know for my new employer I have the same NOC. So I changed just employer
Please is it correct (NO) or I can Choose YES?
Have I lost my 1 full year experience?
if I select yes The question will give more points.
There is no possibility of combining and select YES.
Please help
You need to say no. You have switched employers.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply.
"NO" even if its the same position and same NOC?
Please read the question. It is not asking if you are working in a single NOC. It is asking about your employer.

atefbouss

Jun 26, 2023
Ok. But you would have gotten new LMIA exemption with new employer when you switched jobs. If you were going from one LMIA exempt permit to another.
I already got from the new employer an offer exemption CODE number and applied for work a new work permit with this new employer and got a new work permit since November 2023.
I have also from the new employer a 2 years employment offer and I still cannot get 50 points for arranged employer .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I already got from the new employer an offer exemption CODE number and applied for work a new work permit with this new employer and got a new work permit since November 2023.
I have also from the new employer a 2 years employment offer and I still cannot get 50 points for arranged employer .
Correct. Because it is LMIA exempt, you will get the 50 points when you have worked one year with the new employer. In the fall, ask employer for a new job letter stating you will have employment one year past PR.

atefbouss

Jun 26, 2023
Correct. Because it is LMIA exempt, you will get the 50 points when you have worked one year with the new employer. In the fall, ask employer for a new job letter stating you will have employment one year past PR.
Thank you very much. just a small question. My new employment offer was dates august 1st, 2023 but I got the new work permit after 5 months in November 2023. Does my experience with the new employer count from the date of the offer or the date of obtaining the work permit?
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you very much. just a small question. My new employment offer was dates august 1st, 2023 but I got the new work permit after 5 months in November 2023. Does my experience with the new employer count from the date of the offer or the date of obtaining the work permit?
Thanks
When did you start working for the employer? That is the date.