+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi, I’m currently on the LMIA based work permit. I got ITA last week, if I apply for OBWP and obtain the open work permit. Will my score goes down?

isahuja

Apr 26, 2019
Hi,

I’m currently on the LMIA based work permit. I got ITA last week, if I apply for OBWP and obtain the open work permit. Will my score goes down?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I’m currently on the LMIA based work permit. I got ITA last week, if I apply for OBWP and obtain the open work permit. Will my score goes down?
As long as you don’t leave your employer. Assume you got 50 points for having a job offer and employer. If you leave the employer during the process before you are under obligation to notify IRCC and your employer can too. You can then lose the 50 points but if you have enough points with counting job offer then no issue.

isahuja

Apr 26, 2019
As long as you don’t leave your employer. Assume you got 50 points for having a job offer and employer. If you leave the employer during the process before you are under obligation to notify IRCC and your employer can too. You can then lose the 50 points but if you have enough points with counting job offer then no issue.
My PR case will be halted because my wife filed domestic violence case in India and Canada as well. I'm thinking to apply BOWP post ITA and change job in same NOC. And the case will take years, I can't maintain my job with same employer

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My PR case will be halted because my wife filed domestic violence case in India and Canada as well. I'm thinking to apply BOWP post ITA and change job in same NOC. And the case will take years, I can't maintain my job with same employer
Then how are you eligible for a BOWP if PR is on hold? If on hold, you would not be eligible for a BOWP.

isahuja

Apr 26, 2019
Then how are you eligible for a BOWP if PR is on hold? If on hold, you would not be eligible for a BOWP.
I'm saying it will be be on hold. I've not submitted the documents yet. I will submit it, will receive the ITA. Then I'm thinking to apply OBWP.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm saying it will be be on hold. I've not submitted the documents yet. I will submit it, will receive the ITA. Then I'm thinking to apply OBWP.
Did you get 50 points from your employer? If you stop working for that employer before getting PR, you lose the 50 points. You must inform IRCC and your employer too can tell IRCC that you are no longer working for them. If you don’t need the 50 points to get ITA then don’t include it in your profile.

isahuja

Apr 26, 2019
I got 50 points for that employer. I've also completed a year with that employer. What if I don't apply for BOWP and another employer is ready to support me through LMIA again. Will it affect my PR.

In simple words, another employer will issue the LMIA for similar NOC and WP.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got 50 points for that employer. I've also completed a year with that employer. What if I don't apply for BOWP and another employer is ready to support me through LMIA again. Will it affect my PR.

In simple words, another employer will issue the LMIA for similar NOC and WP.
If you receive ITA, you have 90 days(?) to apply for PR. Can you get the new LMIA with new job offer by then? Once locked in, don’t think you can change.

isahuja

Apr 26, 2019
I've the new LMIA, the company just needs to apply WP If I confirm to proceed with them

If you receive ITA, you have 90 days(?) to apply for PR. Can you get the new LMIA with new job offer by then? Once locked in, don’t think you can change.

isahuja

Apr 26, 2019
Sorry, I may not able to explain you better. Let me try again:-

• I'm currently working on a closed WP with the current employer.
  • I also got invitation on the basis of current crs which includes 50 point gained from the current LMIA.
  • Another employer has already got positive LMIA on my name with the similar NOC.
  • They are going to apply my WP once I confirm them that I'm going to join.
  • Meanwhile I want to submit the documents in order to get AOR.
  • I also know that my violence case will take some time. And, I want to apply BOWP after getting the AOR and wants to continue working with second employer.

You want to continue to work for the new employer during PR processing. You are not eligible to apply for BOWP until you have AOR.

Bridging open work permit for permanent residence applicants - Canada.ca
Hope, this helped to make you understand better.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry, I may not able to explain you better. Let me try again:-

• I'm currently working on a closed WP with the current employer.
  • I also got invitation on the basis of current crs which includes 50 point gained from the current LMIA.
  • Another employer has already got positive LMIA on my name with the similar NOC.
  • They are going to apply my WP once I confirm them that I'm going to join.
  • Meanwhile I want to submit the documents in order to get AOR.
  • I also know that my violence case will take some time. And, I want to apply BOWP after getting the AOR and wants to continue working with second employer.

Hope, this helped to make you understand better.
You can’t leave the job you have if you are claiming it for PR and getting the 50 points. If you leave the job, you must notify IRCC and your current employer can contact IRCC to say that you aren’t working there. IRCC can (and will) cancel your application. So you need to continue working for current employer while application is in process and you have PR.