+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi, Asivad Anac, can u plz help us -step by step instructions for getting LMIA.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Be qualified and experienced in a profession/NOC where demand outstrips supply in the Canadian labor market or an occupation/NOC where there is a dearth of qualified talent in Canada.

2. Find an employer, online or physically if you have a valid Canadian visa, who is desperately looking to hire foreign workers because there are no Canadian citizens or PR holders able and willing to do that job in that location.

3. Convince the employer to file for the free LMIA (in this option, you can't start working till the PR decision comes along) or pay 1000 CAD to file the other one where you can start working without waiting for the PR decision.

4. If LMIA is approved, 600 points get added to your EE profile and you're guaranteed an ITA.

More reading here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

physiohit

Jun 29, 2015
Thanks for instant reply. I am on open work permit already working with my employer from last 8 months.
My employer is ready to support me for LMIA but he want to know whole procedure. I have googled about LMIA, unfortunately couldn't find any satisfactory answer. Can you please tell me everything about LMIA or if you have can send any link.. What documents required, processing time. Chances of approval because I am the only employee of my employer. He is Physio and I am his assistant. Noc B.

soniya852008

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Hello Asivad,

Looks like one needs a job offer with LMIA to gain 600 points and an ITA confirmed. Not sure how easy it is to convince employers? Does the PNP employers also need LMIA?
Looks like if someone has already got a PR then they do not require LMIA, if i understand this correctly?

Thanks
Soniya

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soniya852008 said:
Hello Asivad,

Looks like one needs a job offer with LMIA to gain 600 points and an ITA confirmed. Not sure how easy it is to convince employers? Does the PNP employers also need LMIA?
Looks like if someone has already got a PR then they do not require LMIA, if i understand this correctly?

Thanks
Soniya
LMIA assessment and regulations apply only while recruiting foreign workers. After getting a PR, you don't need an LMIA assessment to work.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soniya852008 said:
Thankyou for the reply. does the PNP process also require LMIA for foreign workers that are nominated by a province?
Under most PNPs, there is a stream for applicants from outside Canada via EE. These applicants don't necessarily require a job to qualify for a nomination. Once they receive the nomination followed by an ITA followed by PR, they are free to work anywhere without restrictions.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
I got LMIA rejected, bcos of low to mid wage few months ago.

So, for LMIA you should have mid wage: http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/wage-outlook_search-eng.do;jsessionid=24A53D40BCC65700575C7DF76E53BC65.imnav2?reportOption=wage

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
also there is a separate subject names LMIA processing times...

please check it for info.

i have done this process before.....

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Hello ! Good Day everyone !

My employer had a query about the process.

Does he need to advertise the position first ( 4 week minimum ) and then do the LMIA documents or he can do both simultaneously ?

Just a background on the situation, I am a PGWP holder working for this employer for more than a year now. My employer is helping me push the score up with LMIA.

All answers are appreciated !

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Froze950 said:
Hello ! Good Day everyone !

My employer had a query about the process.

Does he need to advertise the position first ( 4 week minimum ) and then do the LMIA documents or he can do both simultaneously ?

Just a background on the situation, I am a PGWP holder working for this employer for more than a year now. My employer is helping me push the score up with LMIA.

All answers are appreciated !
Have you seen this link ---> http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml

It is a step by step breakdown of the process and seems to indicate that advertising that job for at least 4 weeks is an integral part of the process. Proof of having done this is an integral part of the documentation to be submitted to Services Canada for further processing. I believe that your employer can start the paperwork simultaneously but has to wait till the end of 4 weeks to do anything concrete about this.