17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
nicole1006 said:
I am worried about mine, I applied on aug 11st last year nothing come up after fn, just saw some people
Who applied on aug 8th got medical in these few days.... But nothing coming up for me.... I ordered gcms note, hopefully I can hear something positive
This person seems to have JUST gotten their Meds yesterday:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/august-2012-pr-applications-t114004.0.html;msg2356327#msg2356327

You say you applied 2 days before him...that's nothing...I say you'll get it within the next week or two.

Ceclina

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/30/2013
AOR Received.
29/11/2013
I’m on the same boat.
I received AOR August 31st, 2012 and haven’t heard from CIC since then.
I did lots of travelling last 10 years and I assume it could possibly be the reason why criminal/security check takes so long.
I only found out yesterday from someone on this forum that since I lived in the US for almost a year I also need to provide CIC with the FBI certificate.
I didn’t receive a request for FBI certificate from CIC and I’m not even sure if I will but I decided to get the certificate regardless. I’m going to send my request to FBI by the end of this week and it will take couple weeks to receive it in the mail. Hopefully when I send the FBI certificate to CIC it will speed up the process.
I also requested the CGSM notes in the beginning of June and I’m still waiting. Would you recommend sending an email to CIC?
On a positive note I did receive BOWP yesterday which is valid till June 2014 :)

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Ceclina said:
I'm on the same boat.
I received AOR August 31st, 2012 and haven't heard from CIC since then.
I did lots of travelling last 10 years and I assume it could possibly be the reason why criminal/security check takes so long.
I only found out yesterday from someone on this forum that since I lived in the US for almost a year I also need to provide CIC with the FBI certificate.
I didn't receive a request for FBI certificate from CIC and I'm not even sure if I will but I decided to get the certificate regardless. I'm going to send my request to FBI by the end of this week and it will take couple weeks to receive it in the mail. Hopefully when I send the FBI certificate to CIC it will speed up the process.
I also requested the CGSM notes in the beginning of June and I'm still waiting. Would you recommend sending an email to CIC?
On a positive note I did receive BOWP yesterday which is valid till June 2014 :)
Wait for your notes. If they don't tell you anything worthwhile, email the CIC asking them if they need any documents from you. If not, then all you can do is wait.

It's odd because October peeps have been getting MRs....some have been getting passport requests!

There are so many variables that determine your application processing time.

Ceclina

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/30/2013
AOR Received.
29/11/2013
Thanks Ahm2307!
I know it is so frustrating! I still don't understand why some October/December 2012 applicants have received MRs and passport requests while some July/August people haven't.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
I don't think any of the Dec 2012 applicants have received MR till now. The action is still in Nov 2012, yet to reach Dec 2012 applicants.

rshellym

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
I read somewhere on the forum that one of may applicants got his/her medical yesterday while some oct applicants got their mrs and passport checks.....First come first served doesn't apply here. I don' t know why.

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
rshellym said:
I read somewhere on the forum that one of may applicants got his/her medical yesterday while some oct applicants got their mrs and passport checks.....First come first served doesn't apply here. I don' t know why.
Different case officers, different levels of experience/education/security threat. Someone like me...I'm Arab, male, in my 20s...I'm probably in their "high risk" bracket. There are also people who have traveled a lot, changed a lot of jobs, etc...

The discrepancy between processing times makes sense.

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
Ceclina said:
I'm on the same boat.
I received AOR August 31st, 2012 and haven't heard from CIC since then.
I didn't receive a request for FBI certificate from CIC and I'm not even sure if I will but I decided to get the certificate regardless. I'm going to send my request to FBI by the end of this week and it will take couple weeks to receive it in the mail. Hopefully when I send the FBI certificate to CIC it will speed up the process.
I also requested the CGSM notes in the beginning of June and I'm still waiting. Would you recommend sending an email to CIC?
i did travelled a lot in the last 5years, but in each place, i only spent 5-10days there, so i dont think they would bother to check all my travel list..... i am so worried about my job, as at the beginning my wage was 11, but 6 months after probation, they raised my wage to 17/hr..... i am worried it is a big jump for them.....

ukie

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Here one more person who's waiting for MR.
I received AOR Nov 21, and they requested RCMP criminal record 2 weeks ago.
thery confirmed that they received it last week.

NO MR yet.

I am 30's, F/ with spouse.

maybe VO is counting my working hours week by week because I had 2 jobs in same category, same NOC code.

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
ukie said:
Here one more person who's waiting for MR.
I received AOR Nov 21, and they requested RCMP criminal record 2 weeks ago.
thery confirmed that they received it last week.

NO MR yet.

I am 30's, F/ with spouse.

maybe VO is counting my working hours week by week because I had 2 jobs in same category, same NOC code.
I don't know why some aug application taking so long

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
Just being curious, if we have not received anything now, most likely there is something wrong in our case?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Not necessarily so. If there are concerns, they will get back to you either request more information or reject. Each application is unique, many factors are at play. Everyone must undergo background checks and there are people on the forum who have been at this stage for at least 1 year... if you've travelled to many countries, etc it could take longer because not every gov't keeps good records.

My best advice will be to try to relax, check your email(and junk folder) regularly and go about your business. You can order GCMS notes if you want.

nicole1006 said:
Just being curious, if we have not received anything now, most likely there is something wrong in our case?

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
Just wonder does every visa officer give medical after pass qualification, or after background check and criminal check ? As one of my friend applied the same day as me was requested for additional FBI document in April, so I am not sure whether it is a sign that we already past the qualification part, stuck in the criminal test ?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nicole1006 said:
Just wonder does every visa officer give medical after pass qualification, or after background check and criminal check ? As one of my friend applied the same day as me was requested for additional FBI document in April, so I am not sure whether it is a sign that we already past the qualification part, stuck in the criminal test ?
It just depends. Medicals now tend to come after eligibility/criminality/security etc.

If they requested more info re FBI PCC, the PCC he submitted had something on it - wasn't fully clear.

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
nicole1006 said:
Slow and steady wins the race. Be patient, everyone will get PR eventually... :D
CHEEERS!!!!!!