+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Here as a visitor, got LMO, can i go to border to get work permit.

linducis

Sep 10, 2012
long story short - i was in canada on work permit. then changed to visitor. now I have positive LMO with new employer. to do things faster I am going to fly from Edmonton to LA, spend there few days and then return to canada. has somebody have the experience with situation like this..? thanks, linda

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Some workers can apply at a port of entry

Most foreign workers must apply for a work permit outside of Canada. However, you may apply for a permit when you arrive at a port of entry in Canada if:

you are from the U.S., Greenland or St. Pierre and Miquelon;

you do not need a temporary resident visa (TRV) to visit Canada and your job does not need a labour market opinion from HRSDC;

you will not be working as a live-in caregiver or as a seasonal agricultural worker;

you do not need a TRV to visit Canada, your job requires you to have an HRSDC labour market opinion and it has been issued by the time you arrive.

To apply this way, the labour market opinion confirmation letter for your job offer must be available, and you must produce the offer of employment and other necessary papers when you arrive. Remember that you must find out what papers you will need before arriving in Canada. Check with a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate.
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/work-temp.asp

Good luck!