+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hepatitis B Reactive

Jude29

Dec 8, 2022
I was diagnosed with Hepatitis last 2006 when I had my medical exam as I applied in middle east. I was on antiviral medication for 6 months but wasn’t able to monitor my progress and continue since I got discouraged that I wasn’t able to go abroad. This year, my wife is applying for an Express Entry pathway wherein me and my kids are her dependents. Recently, I tried to have a Hbsag qualitative test and unfortunately I’m still Hepatitis B reactive. However, my SGPT and SGOT are within normal range. For the past years I’m living with unhealthy lifestyle but I am active in sports and doesn’t feel ill. I will visit a Gastroenterologist this month to further assess my condition and I will obediently comply with any medications or intervention. Will my condition affect my wife application? Will I be able to go with my family in Canada despite my condition? I hope someone can enlighten me with my situation. I am really determined to pursue our dream of migrating in Canada and I believe with God’s grace, we will be able to make it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I was diagnosed with Hepatitis last 2006 when I had my medical exam as I applied in middle east. I was on antiviral medication for 6 months but wasn’t able to monitor my progress and continue since I got discouraged that I wasn’t able to go abroad. This year, my wife is applying for an Express Entry pathway wherein me and my kids are her dependents. Recently, I tried to have a Hbsag qualitative test and unfortunately I’m still Hepatitis B reactive. However, my SGPT and SGOT are within normal range. For the past years I’m living with unhealthy lifestyle but I am active in sports and doesn’t feel ill. I will visit a Gastroenterologist this month to further assess my condition and I will obediently comply with any medications or intervention. Will my condition affect my wife application? Will I be able to go with my family in Canada despite my condition? I hope someone can enlighten me with my situation. I am really determined to pursue our dream of migrating in Canada and I believe with God’s grace, we will be able to make it.
You will not know until you have the medical. If issued a PFL, panel physicians will determine if you are medically inadmissable and a burden on the healthcare system over the long term. Are you positive your wife will receive an ITA with a high CRS score? Get a good Canadian immigration lawyer when and if you get PFL.

Jude29

Dec 8, 2022
You will not know until you have the medical. If issued a PFL, panel physicians will determine if you are medically inadmissable and a burden on the healthcare system over the long term. Are you positive your wife will receive an ITA with a high CRS score? Get a good Canadian immigration lawyer when and if you get PFL.
Thank you for the information. But do I have a chance or no? I am worried but I’d like to think positive because I really want to go there with my family.

Jude29

Dec 8, 2022
Not yet since she’s just starting her profiling for EE. I planned not to go with her and clear my hepatitis first coz I am worried if I will burden her. Do you have any suggestion?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not yet since she’s just starting her profiling for EE. I planned not to go with her and clear my hepatitis first coz I am worried if I will burden her. Do you have any suggestion?
What is her CRS score? You have to be included in her application as wells as undergo the medical. Noting you can do until she is invtied and you take the medical.

Jude29

Dec 8, 2022
She doesn’t know yet since she just finished her IELTS and had the result this month. I think she still have a long process to go.

Jude29

Dec 8, 2022
Three year bachelor degree.
32 years old
IELTS OBS 7.0
Registered nurse with 1 yr. Experience and more than 8 years experience in social services, a government program.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Three year bachelor degree.
32 years old
IELTS OBS 7.0
Registered nurse with 1 yr. Experience and more than 8 years experience in social services, a government program.
She needs 67 points for eligibility and a CRS score around 480. With a degree, she most likely will not get invited. She needs to be licensed through NNAS,and then licensed through the province.

Jude29

Dec 8, 2022
She’s still starting with the process. What should I do so that her application would not be affected? Does she need to apply excluding me? I mean not put me as her dependent then When she successfully got there I would apply for spouse visa? I don’t want to hinder her application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She’s still starting with the process. What should I do so that her application would not be affected? Does she need to apply excluding me? I mean not put me as her dependent then When she successfully got there I would apply for spouse visa? I don’t want to hinder her application
She cannot exclude you. You MUST be included, and undergo the medical. That is misrepresentation/lying. If she does that then you can never be sponsored by her to come to Canada and she can lose her status. You can also be banned from coming to Canada.

Jude29

Dec 8, 2022
She cannot exclude you. You MUST be included, and undergo the medical. That is misrepresentation/lying. If she does that then you can never be sponsored by her to come to Canada and she can lose her status. You can also be banned from coming to Canada.
Okay. Thank you for the information. God bless

gen000000

Sep 26, 2023
Hi. I'm already here in Canada and I'm HBV positive. My housemate and I are living in the same address and he's also applying for PR like me and I'm wondering if IRCC would also inform and investigate my housemate that I have HBV? Will that also affect his application?