+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hepatitis B question

Emily888

Aug 13, 2019
Hello! My boyfriend has hepatitis B, I immune (I went through vaccination process) and have 99% chance will never have the disease. I submitted an application a while ago and now I am starting little bit worry. Because in background section it was two question: if I have a tuberculosis or be in close to the person who has the disease in a past two years(I said no because it’s true) and second question if I have any diseases that would require medical health services (I said no) because I do not have any. And know I am thinking did I need to mention that my boyfriend has this disease? It will be really good hear any reply from you. And in a case if I need to mention it can I change my application somehow or notify them about it. Because for some reason I really worry about it.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello! My boyfriend has hepatitis B, I immune (I went through vaccination process) and have 99% chance will never have the disease. I submitted an application a while ago and now I am starting little bit worry. Because in background section it was two question: if I have a tuberculosis or be in close to the person who has the disease in a past two years(I said no because it’s true) and second question if I have any diseases that would require medical health services (I said no) because I do not have any. And know I am thinking did I need to mention that my boyfriend has this disease? It will be really good hear any reply from you. And in a case if I need to mention it can I change my application somehow or notify them about it. Because for some reason I really worry about it.
No, as long as you haven't been diagnosed with Hepatitis yourself, what you have stated is fine. You won't be penalized for something you don't know and are not taking medication for. Your boyfriend's medical history is not relevant to your application.

Emily888

Aug 13, 2019
No, as long as you haven't been diagnosed with Hepatitis yourself, what you have stated is fine. You won't be penalized for something you don't know and are not taking medication for. Your boyfriend's medical history is not relevant to your application.
Okay, thank you so much because I was really worried about it.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Okay, thank you so much because I was really worried about it.
There is no need to be worried. If you are diagnosed with something during the medical check, if curable they will ask that you go for treatment before they proceed with processing your file. If it is something that is lifelong, like Diabetes, etc. Then they would want to ensure that you are not going to be a strain on Canadian health care system. Even if you are rejected on health ground, you are given a chance to state your case if you feel they have rejected you wrongly. So, don't worry and hope for the best outcome.

Emily888

Aug 13, 2019
There is no need to be worried. If you are diagnosed with something during the medical check, if curable they will ask that you go for treatment before they proceed with processing your file. If it is something that is lifelong, like Diabetes, etc. Then they would want to ensure that you are not going to be a strain on Canadian health care system. Even if you are rejected on health ground, you are given a chance to state your case if you feel they have rejected you wrongly. So, don't worry and hope for the best outcome.
Thank you! I hope everything will be fine. I am already in Canada, I applied for extension the study permit and went through vaccination process in Canada. And I was worried that they will check it somehow and will think that I lied or something because of my boyfriend problems. And I checked myself before submission of application and I was fine. I do not have any signs of the disease and my level of antibodies is really high. But for extension they don't and ask medical results just answer the questions and that is it.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you! I hope everything will be fine. I am already in Canada, I applied for extension the study permit and went through vaccination process in Canada. And I was worried that they will check it somehow and will think that I lied or something because of my boyfriend problems. And I checked myself before submission of application and I was fine. I do not have any signs of the disease and my level of antibodies is really high. But for extension they don't and ask medical results just answer the questions and that is it.
Don’t worry.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Then don't worry, you will get the extension without any issues.