+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hep Education related - Creating EE profile

SSaru

Jan 22, 2016
Hi, I'm new to this forum i need help to know if only the education assessed needs to be entered in the CIC profile or can I also provide my certificate course (diploma) details that was not assessed by WES?

thanks

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SSaru said:
Hi, I'm new to this forum i need help to know if only the education assessed needs to be entered in the CIC profile or can I also provide my certificate course (diploma) details that was not assessed by WES?

thanks
ECA and IELTS are necessary to complete your EE profile and enter the pool.

SSaru

Jan 22, 2016
I do have both of them. I have my formal education assessed and IELTS also done.

I have private diploma (certificate course in computers for 3 years) that was not assessed by WES but it formed a basis for me to get a lateral entry directly onto the 3rd semester of my Masters (that I completed in 1 year) and this Masters was evaluated by WES as 4 years bachelor's degree.

So, the question is do I have to also include this 3 years diploma for which I have no ECA into my profile? Will my application be rejected if I do/do not include?

Thanks

RoneyBR

Jan 20, 2016
The ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) done by WES is necessary for courses completed outside Canada ("...If you did not earn a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate..."), otherwise for courses in Canada or equivalent you can show the diploma without WES assessment. ("...They must show that it is valid, and equal to a completed Canadian credential...")

Below is the full text:

"If you did not earn a Canadian diploma or certificate, you may need to have your foreign education assessed by an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. They must show that it is valid, and equal to a completed Canadian credential.
"Diploma" means a diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship certificate. "Degree" means a University degree.
"Post-secondary" means education taken following high school, like college, university, or trade school.
A "first professional degree" prepares a person for a certain profession. People need to be licensed to practice in the profession. The degree program must have been in: medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, or pharmacy. Examples:
• First professional degree in: Medicine (Doctor of Medicine), Veterinary Medicine, or Dentistry
• Doctor of Dental Surgery degree
• Doctor of Medicine, Chiropractic, Optometry, Podiatry, or Veterinary Medicine degree
• Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy degree
• Bachelor of Law
• Juris Doctor

"Trade or technical school," sometimes called "vocational school," means a school, usually at the college level, that teaches skills needed to do certain job or craft.

To get the correct number of points, make sure you choose the answer that best reflects your case. For example:
If you have TWO Bachelor’s degrees, or one Bachelor’s AND a two year college diploma, choose - "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years."
If you did not earn a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you may need to have your foreign education assessed by an organization designated by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. The Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report must show that your foreign education is valid, and equal to a completed Canadian credential."

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SSaru said:
I do have both of them. I have my formal education assessed and IELTS also done.

I have private diploma (certificate course in computers for 3 years) that was not assessed by WES but it formed a basis for me to get a lateral entry directly onto the 3rd semester of my Masters (that I completed in 1 year) and this Masters was evaluated by WES as 4 years bachelor's degree.

So, the question is do I have to also include this 3 years diploma for which I have no ECA into my profile? Will my application be rejected if I do/do not include?

Thanks
No. Any foreign degree/diploma without an ECA is not acceptable. You cannot add that as a part of your application.

SSaru

Jan 22, 2016
Thanks for your response.
So, in this case how would my work experience be counted?
I completed my diploma in 2002 and started working the same year. I completed my Masters in 2005. So that means I can only mention my Work ex from or after 2005 onwards as my Masters is recognized and not the diploma? Also, if I do not mention any of my work experience or education woould it be considered as mis-representation? please correct me.

thanks again.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SSaru said:
Thanks for your response.
So, in this case how would my work experience be counted?
I completed my diploma in 2002 and started working the same year. I completed my Masters in 2005. So that means I can only mention my Work ex from or after 2005 onwards as my Masters is recognized and not the diploma? Also, if I do not mention any of my work experience or education woould it be considered as mis-representation? please correct me.

thanks again.
Practically, you will be able to show experience from 2006 only. This is because only the work experience gained in the past 10 years count. So, you need not worry about the work experience before that.

SSaru

Jan 22, 2016
Thanks rajkamalmohanram,
So my mentioning or not mentioning would not in any way affect my profile from the perspective of correctness?
Also, my masters was a one year lateral entry but WES considered it to be bachelors degree 4 years, just a little confusing whenentering the start and end dates of the course. :)

Thanks again

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SSaru said:
Thanks rajkamalmohanram,
So my mentioning or not mentioning would not in any way affect my profile from the perspective of correctness?
Also, my masters was a one year lateral entry but WES considered it to be bachelors degree 4 years, just a little confusing whenentering the start and end dates of the course. :)

Thanks again
1) Yes.
2) You will have to enter the actual start and end dates, IMO.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Help Education related - Creating EE profile

how do you include wes assessment in your EE profile ?

i have a WES assessment but it was done in 2012. i tried contacting WES for this and they said i will have to get details from the organization to which it is being submitted.

there are two different links on WES website - for cic and general, mine was assessed as general. but when you go for cic option, it is actually same assessment (as i was able to access it using my old reference number).

1) so can i provide the previous assessment in my profile or need to get it redone ? can someone please advise ?
2) also, do i just need to include the reference number from wes ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Pearl1 said:
how do you include wes assessment in your EE profile ?

i have a WES assessment but it was done in 2012. i tried contacting WES for this and they said i will have to get details from the organization to which it is being submitted.

there are two different links on WES website - for cic and general, mine was assessed as general. but when you go for cic option, it is actually same assessment (as i was able to access it using my old reference number).

1) so can i provide the previous assessment in my profile or need to get it redone ? can someone please advise ?
2) also, do i just need to include the reference number from wes ?
I imagine you can contact WES and issue a ECA report in the CIC format. ECA reports assessed for CIC purposes usually have reference numbers that end with IMM.

SSaru

Jan 22, 2016
WES is valid for 5 years , It does ask for your WES reference number as I can see while creating the profile in your education section, you simply need to mention the reference number since it was done in 2012 so it would be valid.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SSaru said:
WES is valid for 5 years , It does ask for your WES reference number as I can see while creating the profile in your education section, you simply need to mention the reference number since it was done in 2012 so it would be valid.
Please note that some applicants had issued last year with the reference number. If the ECA was issued before 2015, it most probably wouldn't have the reference number ending with IMM. He has to talk to WES and get this sorted out.