+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hemophilia is a point for express entry refusal?

RajRam

Aug 11, 2018
No diseases are exempt from the new cap. Yes the panel physician will have access to your medicare usage. Treatment for haemophilia varies so it is hard to say would or would not get PR. You may get a procedural fairness letter where you will have to show that you various treatments, medications, doctors visits, admissions, etc cost less that 19 K. Could be much worse it was $6500 before the summer.
Thanks for the reply..!

My current medical usage has already crossed 19000$ limit for year. Since I am unaware that this would backfire me..I went on prophylaxis which I started only after coming to Canada .As a precaution I was suggested for this prophylactic treatment plan. Now I am completely sunk..Dont know what to do..Is there any other way..Had a self goal and got locked.

I have another query,I got know if my spouse is main applicant in PR application and if I join as dependent then my case will be exempted..Is that true ? Or can this be best solution to deal with..?
Please help me..!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply..!

My current medical usage has already crossed 19000$ limit for year. Since I am unaware that this would backfire me..I went on prophylaxis which I started only after coming to Canada .As a precaution I was suggested for this prophylactic treatment plan. Now I am completely sunk..Dont know what to do..Is there any other way..Had a self goal and got locked.

You can get a letter from your doctor saying that it is only prophylactic treatment but not sure that would really help.

I have another query,I got know if my spouse is main applicant in PR application and if I join as dependent then my case will be exempted..Is that true ? Or can this be best solution to deal with..?
Please help me..!
That's not ho it works. Both medicals would count. If your wife had become a PR or a citizen before marrying you and then sponsor you there would be no medical inadmissibility clause.

May 25, 2018
Hello,

I am a hemophiliac,can anyone please help me on what are the chances of my PR application getting rejected ?
Currently I am in canada with closed work permit and undergoing prophylaxis. If I apply for PR will they check my medical records in Canada and does it have any impact on medical assesement for PR ?
Just for safety or prevention, I am using factors as prophylaxis and in my country I used to have on demand treatment. Please help me I'm very much interested in migrating to Canada and this factor making me worried.

One more thing, as per new public medical policy, the limit or threshold for average medical charges has changed to $19000 .
Is this true if yes, Will hemophilia is exempted form this list.

Or is there any way that I can get PR ?

Please..please help me!

Regards
Phani.
Hi ,

We are also in same situation. Any updates, Have you applied.
We are in Canada. Would like to get in touch.