+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!

MARSAIL

Jul 22, 2014
Hi,

I want to apply for Masters in English in Uni of British Colombia .. well

because its affordable. lol

anyway, I have a 1 year old daughter and my husband. I am hesitant to apply because of them! I want to know how to take them with me? I know I can apply for a student visa and take things forward but what about thrm?

i will b the principle applicant. My husband is very weak in English so ..

what can I do to take them with me?

sam89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
hi,

i applied on 10th of june with my husband from Pakistan, as the processing time is 11 weeks in my country of residence so i am still waiting for decision.
i would advice you to start from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp

and follow through step by step.

poorni

Apr 11, 2014
Don't worry u can get a dependent visa for both your husband and child by showing required financial credentials for ur stay dere.
He can even get a temporary work permit for the period of ur study dere if he is willing to work.
GUD LUCK

MARSAIL

Jul 22, 2014
sam89 said:
hi,

i applied on 10th of june with my husband from Pakistan, as the processing time is 11 weeks in my country of residence so i am still waiting for decision.
i would advice you to start from

and follow through step by step.
I live in Kuwait and its not mentioned in the list. However, I would like to know some things.

- Did you apply for a study permit?
- What visa did you apply for your husband?
- If you had/ have kids, on what visa should you take them?

Thanks in advance.

MARSAIL

Jul 22, 2014
poorni said:
Don't worry u can get a dependent visa for both your husband and child by showing required financial credentials for ur stay dere.
He can even get a temporary work permit for the period of ur study dere if he is willing to work.
GUD LUCK
How does this dependent visa thingy work? Does it mean that I go alone and then send them an invitation? Please excuse my ignorance. I don't want to do anything wrong. Enlighten me! :D

With TRV, can we change it later on to PR without having to leave the country?

Actually, the whole idea of this Masters thingy is to kill two birds with one stone. We have been trying to get in Canada but we don't have any knowledge whatsoever of how things work. And at the same time I have been dying to do my Masters. So, basically if we get things working our way, we don't want to come back. We want to settle there for good.

So if there is any other way of getting into Canada "as a family" please do enlighten me.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

MARSAIL said:
I live in Kuwait and its not mentioned in the list. However, I would like to know some things.

- Did you apply for a study permit?
- What visa did you apply for your husband?
- If you had/ have kids, on what visa should you take them?

Thanks in advance.

1 & 2. You, a main applicant, apply for a study permit. Dependent must apply for TRV, separate form for each person, sent everything in one envelope.
3. TRV.

MARSAIL

Jul 22, 2014
J5M said:
Hi,

1 & 2. You, a main applicant, apply for a study permit. Dependent must apply for TRV, separate form for each person, sent everything in one envelope.
3. TRV.
But if my husband comes on a TRV, he won't be able to work, right?

I want him to work, so what should he apply for? Plus, my daughter is 1 year old so how can a TRV get her to stay with me for good?

Also, I want to stay there after my studies are done. I mean, I don't want to leave the Country so I want something for my daughter and husband that will help them get a PR later on. I don't think a TRV can help them get a PR.